Just some small ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DC_Sparx, Jan 5, 2018.

1. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

Some small things that I think would make some large improvements:

1. If my shoulder light is on when I get into a cockpit, turn it back on when I get back out of the cockpit.
    2. Save the player and cockpit views separately, I like to have 1st person as player, and 3rd person as pilot, make it where the state of each is saved.
    3. As far as all of the automation requests I see, maybe just simply make the constructor eject output to a storage container on the side.
    4. An inventory sort button would be amazing, just for like combining stacks of items, and sorting all inventory to top/left. I mean this for inside of machines and containers, not necessarily player inventory.
    5. Make the armor repair station also act like a locker... A lot of clicking to take armor off, move to repair, and put armor back on.
    6. I am sure this one is on the list, but a little better chat interface with some options would be amazing. I feel that the timeout on the chat box and chat fade is a little faster than what is comfortable.
    7. Alliance option for settings on structure privacy. (Private,Public,Faction)
    8. A way to show the hidden NPC spawner plates on structures. I have created a blueprint for a drone base we raided, spawned it in a creative world, and I am trying to remove all the forbidden blocks, but I can't find them.
    9. Option to enable constant random spawn of drones (not from a base) or something to add more spawning of aggressive alien presence. i.e. We have destroyed all of the POI's on the planet, so now we don't really need 47 turrets on our bases to protect them. I understand that there is a PVP aspect, but some players don't want to PVP, and enjoy PVE only, so give them more than plant monsters, spiders, and raptors to use those big nasty turrets against. Could be a way to have those AI alien ships in space actually come down planet side and attack bases. This should be optional.

I want to say, I think the devs are doing an amazing job with this game. If anyone else has posted these ideas before, I apologize, I am not trying to copy.

zztong, Hicks42, Razorwire and 2 others like this.
  2. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Spawn your base in creative mode, enter the CP and find and highlight the plate(s) in the device list. Toggle "Show on HUD" in the upper right corner- it will give you a waypoint to the general location. Equip your multitool and aim at each block in the area. The message box in the lower right of teh screen tells you what you're looking at. When you find the plate, disable teh HUD marker in CP and zap the plate. Rinse and repeat. If you forget to clear the marker, you can do so later from the map screen.

Actually, according to the survey, most players are SP or Co-op PvE. The wave attack suggestion has been made before, but it's still a good one.

ion_storm likes this.
  3. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

Thanks! I was hoping that would do it, but I didn't see anything when I tried it, I will give it a look. Hopefully I can find them.

4. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

It's just a flat sheet with texture. Can look like anything- that's why you'll need the marker to avoid looking at every block in the POI.

ion_storm likes this.
  5. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Console commands for easy ditching of NPC spawners (or any forbidden block):
    ' (opens console)
    di (then look at the structure to get the ID number)
    prefabinfo [YourBPNameHere] (will give you the proper names of the forbidden blocks, if you cant get it to work, make a copy of your BP with a simple number as a name, like call it 1234)
    replaceblocks [yourStructureIDhere] [yourProperBlockNameHere] Empty

So if your structure is ID 7, and the block you want to remove is NPCSpawner, you should need to enter into the console:
    Replaceblocks 7 NPCSpawner Empty

6. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Yummie yummie information that I was not previously in possession of. Thank you Much.

Razorwire likes this.
  7. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Re-reading my post, couple of clarifications:

- 1, the di command requires you to be looking at the structure *and* to be fairly close to it. Info will show in the top-right Debug Info overlay.

- 2, the replaceblocks 7 NPCSpawner Empty command will remove *all* the NPCSpawner blocks from the structure with ID 7. NPCSpawner is a made-up proper block name, I don't know offhand what the actual name you need to use it. If you want to see where they are before you remove them, you can substitute Empty for another proper block name. For example, if you're stripping NPCSpawner blocks from the base with ID 7, you could use replaceblocks 7 NPCSpawner TrussCube to swap them out for truss blocks you can then go and physically find. I tend to use truss blocks, admin cores or RCS to find stuff like this, but any 1x1 block that you have not used in the build will do (bonus points if it's something that you can Show-On-HUD from the P menu :D ).

Sharing is caring :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Hicks42 likes this.
  8. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Deco blocks.

9. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

That would do it.
    Or T2 RCS on an SV, or ATM's on a CV, or... Anything that shouldn't be there, works, tbh.

Not a thing I do often, as you can generally find the original blocks by eye anyway, but spawners, sensors and trapdoors can be tricksy.

Hicks42 likes this.
  10. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

Thanks for the help on this. I was going to do a replace blocks feature, but I couldn't find the name of the block for the spawner block. I ended up using the show on HUD feature and got them removed. I did replaceblocks to remove all of the alien slime blocks and replace with steel, that worked great.

Razorwire likes this.
  11. Lucidlook

Lucidlook Ensign

1. Open the console by hitting `
    2. Get the ID of the structure (wither by command 'ents' or by debug info via command 'di')
    3. Replace all blocks from NPS Spawner to the Large Steel Block: replaceblocks <StructureID> EntitySpawnerPlateThin HullFullLarge
    Example: replaceblocks 4237 EntitySpawnerPlateThin HullFullLarge
    4. Close the console by Esc
    5. Go to your structure and deal with those blocks.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There is already inventory sorting available for almost all containers.