Feedback Required Justified Floracide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndigoWyrd, Apr 9, 2021.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Extinction is usually viewed as a bad thing, except where "Sticky Trees" are concerned, in which case, it is both desired and required.

This is just one of many instances, when, behind enemy lines, I have been forced from the relative safety of my vessel (an HV in the case), to remove a Sticky Tree from within the mower blade - though I've been stuck by drills, and even just blocks themselves, when these evil twigs pass partially through the forward edge and embed themselves, rendering my vessel immobile until the *&#$ing thing is detroyed.

The toilet-brush pine and it's used, dead, twiggy sibling are among the worst offenders, and must either be cut down to extinction, or fixed!

They take forever to cut down even with a mower blade, give only 1 log most of the time, but are more dangerous and irritating for their ability to snag a vessel and render it immobile.

Eleon, I know you can do it - you fixed the motorbike-to-orbit bug, you can de-sticky the trees.

The other little mangrove bushes you don't even collide with, so they're not a problem. Do that with these and we'll call it even!

Thor'sHammer likes this.
  2. They fixed some instances of it, but definitely not all of them.
    I just had it happen to me in a new game the other day.

100% agree about the trees issue though. It desperately needs fixed.

Thor'sHammer likes this.
  3. Madcap78

Madcap78 Ensign

Heh to be honest I would like to see the simple act of landing a 10kt capital vessel crush all trees/bushes it lands on, its ridiculous to see one small twig holding up a CV in midair...

4. playlessNamer

playlessNamer Lieutenant

The "when i crash into a tree sometimes my controls never recover from it until i turn power off and on" bug? Hate it.

5. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

6. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Oh yeah!! I got stuck on a starter planet that had millions of these buggers. I got stuck ALL the time!

I can't believe the Harvester can't mow them down faster than a huge tree either. It should be like 2 secs and gone, but these little jerk excuses for a tree take forever to mow down and sometimes won't even Harvest, and, as you pointed out, have to be removed manually. Not great when being chased by bad guys.

Ditto. I just had to remove several of these horrible bush/stick/tree so I could hand my CV next to a base. Who in the real world would have to jump off their 10kt vessel and mow the lawn before landing? Totally absurd.

This is the sort of thing that jerks you OUT of the game so you can abuse some poor innocent object ITRW, Ha! But it's really NOT "HA", it's annoying as hell.