Fixed Keep Inventory on Death: Doesn't work as intended [8321]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by japp_02, Jan 17, 2022.

1. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.7.1.1 33.39
    Mode:Survival
    Mode:

Severity: Severe because: Can be a game breaker if you die in combat, because your player inventory - instead of your toolbar - may not contain any weapons, and so you are forced to restart instead of replaying in the vicinity of your death point, unless you are so lucky to have a vehicle or base with a clone chamber in your vicinity.

***WORKAROUND***
    ...For those players catched in a 'death loop' because out of weapons:
    after spawning close to your death point: Find a quiet place; go in the console (default tilde key) > type 'im', close the console; type H; chose some basic weapons with the ammo; continue playing.

Type: Game options

Summary: Game option 'Keep Inventory on Death' doesn't work as intended

Description:
    After chosing the option 'Toolbar items only', Instead of giving me a backpack with my toolbar items, it gives me my player inventory but not what's in my toolbar. Other related game options not yet tried.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) launch survival game with the adequate game option, have items in your toolbar, e.g multitool and weapons. Die and pick-up the backpack to see the error.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Are you able to show me you triggering this at least 1 time so I can see exactly what you are doing ?
    We are looking at an issue with the toolbar that sounds very similar but I cannot confirm as these steps are not the same & these steps don't trigger anything for me.
    Did you change to an empty slot after equipping a weapon or tool after you use the retrieve your items from the backpack ?

Germanicus likes this.
  3. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Hello Pantera,
    the above happened to me only once soon after starting a new survival game on a ice planet with 'Toolbar items only'. I have changed to 'Everything' afterwards so I don't know if it will repeat. Also, my game start was not totally vanilla in the sense that I used the 'transfer tool' to spawn a SV from a previous save; this went all ok, but soon after a drone attacked me and I died, resulting in the error above. My exact steps as I could reconstruct were:
    - Starting a new game, survival ice planet chosen; big planet size, low food consumption, easy enemies, Toolbar items only, CPU switched ON.
    - little exploration on foot, no interactions with devices, picked-up some plants and items around landing pod, no console usage.
    - Quit the game; used the transfer tool (*) to spawn a Merc MX-11_custom SV tier 3 from a previous save 1.6.x.
    - Transfered my ship's special cargo box to my player inventory, placed detector, multitool T2, 1 epic weapon, 1 weapon T2, 1 survival tool, 1 bike in my toolbar. No console commands used.
    - I died when a drone appeared and killed me; backpack spawned in the vicinity of my ship: only the player inventory was returned (complete), but nothing from the former toolbar content, my toolbar was empty.

(*) The transfer tool I used was this one:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...y-bases-ships-from-one-game-to-another.96142/

"Did you change to an empty slot after equipping a weapon or tool after you use the retrieve your items from the backpack ?"
    Yes, if you mean selecting to an empty slot in order to make my weapon hide (like the hand symbol), I changed between the toolbar slots several times. All went ok as it should.

If you wish, I can take the time to make some new game starts to see if it repeats - of course this time without using the transfer tool above. Otherwise tell me to check with a specific procedure, I will take the time.

Greetings,

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Germanicus likes this.
  4. Pantera

• Developer
    Ok I'll update here when the fix for what we are already looking into is fixed & ready.

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  5. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix for this will be available with the planned v1.7.2 release tomorrow.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Good news Pantera, thank you for fixing it !

Germanicus likes this.