Know-how or common need

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by freellancer, Mar 11, 2021.

1. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

My suggestions are usually ignored because they are not meant for the weak. Here's a suggestion for all players. The problem on the servers is that different languages create a communication barrier and thus not every server is able to play adequately, the nationalism of communication between players and administrators. You can be the first game to solve this problem.
    It is necessary to add a smaller line between the lines in the chat window and the words in brackets. These words should highlight the automatic search and translation of messages in the chat. The problem is that this translator should work without synchronization with the server, be on the client and work only in the chat window. In order not to waste your Internet connection. The problem is that he has to download the database or take dictionaries from third-party translation sites, they are more developed, there will be third-party and regular requests for these sites, which will not take a lot of the Internet, but not squander the game itself. In general, it is difficult, but I think it is possible and necessary, thereby you will remove from the server names such letters- EN, FR, GER, RU, ................................................................................................................

I don’t read comments, my job is to propose and criticism is not important to me, etc.

Мои предложения обычно игнорируются, потому что они не предназначены для слабых. Вот вам предложение для всех игроков. Проблема на серверах в том что разные языки создают барьер общения и тем самым не на каждом сервере получается адекватно играть, национализм общения между игроками, админами. Вы можите стать первой игрой, которая решит эту проблему.
    Нужно в окно чата добавить между строк ещё строку, меньшего размера и слова в скобочках. Эти слова должны высвечивать автомотический поиск и перевод сообщений в чате. Проблема в том что, этот переводчик должен работать без синхронизации с сервером, находиться на клиенте и работать только в окне чата. Для того что бы, не просаживать интернет соединение. Проблема в том что он должен подкачивать базу данных или брать словари со сторонних сайтов перевода, они более развиты, будет сторониий и регулярный запрос на эти сайты, что будет не много забирать интернета, но не просаживать саму игру. В общем, сложно, но считаю возможно и нужно, тем самым вы убирёте с названий серверов, такие буквы- EN, FR, GER, RU, .......................................................................

Комментарии не читаю, моё дело предложить и мне не важна критика и тп.

2. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

I actually agree with you. Problem is that almost all the online services have a free version of translator, but it stops working quite fast if you dont subscribe to the premium services. And including a premium version into the game is actually a large cost. Tried to negotiate with Google about using their API as well as Microsoft and a few others, and the cheapest offer i got for a subscription i could build into my software was 1600USD pr year, or a pr line translated cost. And in the end I just had to scrap that idea. And that was pricing for a small piece of software, published in just 200-250 copies.

But it would still be really nice, though I wouldnt be to hopeful. There is a translation MOD for Empyrion, but it is based on the free version of Googles API, and stops working really fast if there is a bit of chatter.

3. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

SUPER, SUPPORT (APPROVE)

But why is it so difficult ??
    You can do everything MUCH EASIER == >> in the game client settings the parameter - "LANGUAGE" is set.
    The algorithm should automatically detect the set language, and request the translation "WITH ANY LANGUAGE (English, French, German) -> INTO" SET LANGUAGE "(!)
    This will make the chat window - AUTOMATIC TRANSLATION :)

4. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

You still will need a integrated access to an API for this, as translations dont happen by themselves. And you also need to add code to send and receive the translations. So when you say simple it is only from your perspective, and not a development viewpoint. And that requires a license cost, and sometimes also a running license cost.

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

I don’t know which API you’re talking about, sir (?!)
    When I click the "translate page" button in the Google Chrome browser - I get a full translation of the page from any foreign language -> into my language (!)
    Therefore, our thoughts are as simple as 2 + 2 * 2 = 6 (!)

6. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

That is what you see.

Reality is, that the browser translates it not only has to translate it into binary code but also a format that the google translator api endpoint understands.

I've worked quite some with api calls in google docs and reached certain limitations on "easy" and "small" calculations very quickly.

Goggle wants neither to have their server overloaded quickly by a few tech hippies nor give away professional level and amounts of translations for free.

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

For hundreds of thousands of real time translations per month the cost would make it infeasible.

8. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

$20 per million characters.

If one million characters seems like a lot, it really isn't. A single line in a NPC dialog entry can easily be several hundred characters. It would add up fast when you think about every single chat message for every single player on every single coop and dedicated server and you're probably looking at thousands of dollars a month or more.
    Not to mention, it wouldn't be a per-message cost, but a per-message received times players on the server cost. Send a message with one hundred characters on a server with ten people, and that will count as one thousand characters.

*edit* actually it might be even worse than that. I don't know if they charge per language or not, but it's possible every message would then need to be translated into every major language, making it actually cost 100 times more per message.

A message with 100 characters sent to a server with 10 people online would count as 17,000 characters.

Alhira_K likes this.