Fixed Known Gamepad issues also apply to mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Bigtoad, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

I have a fairly unique mouse/keyboard configuration that I've been using in most FPS type games since around Quake 2. The basics are:

Forward - Left Mouse Button
    Back - Right Mouse Button
    Primary action - d
    Secondary action - e
    Left - s
    Right - f

Then fill in the rest around those keys. Some of the known Gamepad/controller issues in the list also apply to my configuration. These include:
    • Weapons won't react to left & right triggers on first load until they are fired by a mouse button first [6588]
    • General issue with placing or picking items from the tool bar or using other UI elements [6171]
    • Radial menus will not open for controllers on first load into a save game until they are used by a mouse [6594]
    • Mounted weapons & Turrets cannot be fired from the controller until LMB on the mouse is used 1 time [6595]
    For me, my d and e keys don't work for their intended purposes until the mouse button is pressed first.

The menus for picking alternate shapes during building typically read each mouse press as both a selection and a tab change, so to get the shape I want I need to select the tab to the left of the shape, and then click on the square where my desired shape resides on the next tab. For example, if I'm placing a steel block and I want the Edge Round Half shape, which is on the fourth tab, I would select the third tab (for square/angle shapes) and then click on the second object on the top row (Cube Sliced). That would both change tabs and select Edge Round Half for me. I have no problem selecting shapes when there are not multiple tabs.

I also notice that, on the mouse configuration screen, I cannot permanently clear Left Mouse Button from the Primary Action field. I can remove it by selecting that field and then pressing escape, but the next time I start the game, the assignment is back. It also did not warn me that Left Mouse Button was assigned elsewhere when I set that for Forward.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Cluascorp likes this.
  2. texas_tornado

texas_tornado Lieutenant

Hey Bigtoad, thanks for the report!

Several issues you report here are known and have been resolved and will be available in a soon future release, in particular:

Weapons not reacting until mouse click
    Turrets not firing until mouse click
    Radial Menus not opening

I'm addressing current issues with the controller use in menus, but the issue you describe here should also be resolved as well.

Also, addressed is your movement configuration settings - using the primary/secondary mouse should also work, I tested this out, no need to click mouse buttons first anymore as well.

For the configuration resetting (permanently clearing as you mention) should be working fine, however, you can try deleting the 'inputconfig_v31.xml' from the Saves directory and re-create your custom binding and see if that helps.

These fixes may not be in place for you with the current public release, but many issues of this type are resolved and will be available soon!

Bigtoad and Cluascorp like this.
  3. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

Awesome, thank you for letting me know. To be honest, I was happy to see that the same issues affected Gamepad users, because I figure that's a much larger number of players than my personal mouse-for-movement configuration, and that would make it a higher priority fix. :)

texas_tornado likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer