Fixed Lag Shot report & reproduction. [00045]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by -AKEVA-BANSHEE-, Mar 1, 2022.

1. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

First off sorry for making a new thread on this, but I felt it was best to have new information and ways to be reproduced separated for clarification.

Build: 3717
    Mode: Single-Player Default
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 967094

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: NO

Reproducibility: Every time and 1 in 10 See below info 2 methods for reproduction are included.
    Severity: Major

Type: Blocks, Collision Mesh, Devices & Damage

Summary: You can shoot through blocks and devices reliably to hit blocks and devices underneath. (Lag Shotting)

Description: How to reproduce lag shot bug in your testing environment.

Steps to Reproduce:

Test 1. t2 Pulse rifle Vs Base
    1) Start new survival game and spawn in 10 of the attached BP "Lag shot tester"
    2) Spawn in a t2 Pulse rifle and some ammo.
    3) Fuel up the base and stand on the white cross
    4) Shoot at the Cyan LCD "X" until either the core explodes or the grate does.
    5) If the core blows before the grate, test concluded. If not move onto the next. Happens about once in 10 times.

Test 2. Zirax Defense POI Vs SV
    1) Start new survival game and spawn on arid planet OR use attached save file.
    2) Take a shielded SV over to the defense station. Do not attack it.
    3)Circle around the defense station until you get the plasma turret firing at you through the towers on that base.

"I guess you could also just do this in GM"

Attached Game save & Test Base below.

Attached Files:

Myrmidon and Vollinger like this.
  2. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

I know you posted this specifically about combat, but I've also seen one of Rakoona's Youtube building sessions where the texture gun fired through pipes and painted both the pipes and a surface below the pipes along the trajectory of the painting beam. So I don't think whatever has gone wrong is limited to the trajectory of bullets fired from guns.

Myrmidon likes this.
  3. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

I also came to this conclusion, however this post was specific aimed at finding a way the issues could reliably reproduced so they could see it in their testing.