landclaim and player markers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oshadow, Jun 6, 2019.

1. oshadow

oshadow Lieutenant

Please hide landclaim and player markers

Please hide the landclaim of the players enemy areas and the markers of the enemy players, you can leave the NPC.
    On pvp planets, this is very much unmasked, it is impossible to hide your base well and move covertly.

upload_2019-6-6_13-52-4.png

2. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Personally I thought the point of PvP was to actually go against other players. It seems to me that allowing players to hide all traces of their stuff on the map actually does the opposite, it goes to prevent PvP.

My 2 cents.

3. oshadow

oshadow Lieutenant

well, let's bring everything to the point of absurdity, let's show all the bases of the players on all the planets, who is where, because the point of pvp is precisely to be destroyed?

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

It should be like POI's honestly, once you find it you always know where it is on the map. People should have to explore to find it, yes. I don't think we should be allowed to straight up hide it though, no.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

If you want to know where something is after you find it make a waypoint marker. The game need not just give you everything on auto compleat.

6. Morrgard

Morrgard Ensign

I think you should not be able to find a base without stepping onto it (As in activating the marker showing where it is) that way it would be a lot of fun to explore to find bases that are hidden on a planet etc, or perhaps 50-100 meters off the base so if it is underground it's not easy to find a hidden base unless you are searching for it and crossing it. Yet with the land claim thing, it would be a bit complicated, personally, id like territories marked out like it is for the AI factions and you get to choose your own color for that.

Again though I think you should be able to make hidden bases, at least partially. so maybe if you do have an underground base it would be a few hundred meters or so from the core to discover it.

Just kinda rambled on here xD

stanley bourdon likes this.
  7. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Can put a BA in space, far away from planets and POIs, not easy to find then.
    Have some (very) very large planets, takes a lot of time exploring them.

If to remove markers then another way to find hidden bases is to try place a base, with the message that too close. But a lot more work needed for that.