Filed / Tracking LCD projectors text placement issue [00300]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Pear78, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

creative mode, but probably other modes too, consistent problem

noticed when making wide LCDs and trying to space out text with spacebar; after a bit of fiddling with it, it doesnt react like it should. The interface of the LCD projectors seems to glitch out.. spacebars stop working properly, text changes position suddenly, enters dont get registered any more, etc. The display field seems to randomly place the cursor and is not consistent in that placement.
    Making it very hard to do them properly. You know you should be able to, but at some point it just glitches out like described.
    usually it doesnt respond to offset and rotation any more either when this happens. Only thing that helps is replacing the LCD projector and start over and pray it works this time.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Please upload a reproducation case. Thank you!

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The bug happens to me when I'm editing a single line on a LCD (projector or regular) and the line gets longer than the text entry box so it wraps around. Clicking anywhere on the second half of the line will cause the issue, where the text entry won't match up with where your text actually goes. It makes using a lot of formatting tags on a single line a lot of hassle because you can't easily go back and edit it without copying it into notepad++ and editing it there then copying it back.

I'll try to upload a blueprint or video when I get time.

Pear78 likes this.
  4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Blueprint would be fine :)

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Here you go. Blueprint attached. The LCD screen is on the "bridge" of the ship (upper level of the ship).

Picture of the LCD screen:
    20200130023343_1.jpg

Orange arrow is where I clicked, but the red arrow is where text is actually typed:
    20200130023410_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Pear78 likes this.
  6. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

what is a reproduction case?

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

The SaveGame or Blueprint where the problem happens. Easy and Quick for us to find the cause :)

You log out infront the problem and explain this in the bug report. So we can simple open up the SaveGame and Debug streight away

For this issue, @ravien_ff provided his Blueprint where it happens also, so were good :)

Pear78, ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  8. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

ah, I can provide a few of them too if needed ;)
    think Ravien got it there, with the lines being longer than the display field

I also noticed just now that scrolling down in the display field sometimes helps too for being able to place the cursor correctly.

But Im cussing at them again for sure ;)
    in this screenshot you can see the result of CTRL+A, it is hard to spot what Im working on.
    Works best in Notepad and than copy and paste, I found so far.

Attached Files:

9. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yes work from NotePad > Copy, Paste best solution atm till we fix it!

Pear78 likes this.