Fixed Linked unpowered fridges immediately spoil picked food [6313]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Pach, May 4, 2019.

1. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

NOTE: Found this in NON-EXPERIMENTAL. Have not tested to see if this is fixed in EXP. Please disregard/mark as fixed if it is.

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: Ope It's Project Eden
    SEED-ID: Do not have (not server admin)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes - Project Eden (new planets)

Reproducibility: Always (I believe)
    Severity: Minor

Type: Food / Logistics
    Summary: Linked unpowered fridges immediately spoil picked food

Description: If you link to a fridge in an unpowered ship or base, and then pick crop plots, the picked items are immediately spoiled upon arrival in the unpowered fridge. This is not expected behavior: if the items go into an unpowered fridge, the items should appear, but have normal spoilage countdowns. Instead, they are immediately spoiling as soon as picked (in other words, they cannot just be moved when you realize it's in the wrong spot).

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Remote logistics link to a fridge in an unpowered ship or base. E.g., instead of linking the base fridge, accidentally link to a ship on the base that is powered off that has a fridge. :oops::rolleyes:
    2. Pick crops out of the base crop plots.
    3. Look in linked fridge right after picking: you will have a stack of spoiled food of the count you should have gotten, instead of the items counting down their spoil timers.
    EDIT:
    May be related to the "have not opened inventory once already" issue. I was able to pick into a fridge on a ship I had already opened the inventory to once before, but if I remote to a fridge on a ship I haven't touched before, and immediately link to it, it spoils.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: ( Note: for more complex reproduction usecases that require quite some "setup", please create a savegame and upload it to a service. Add the download link right here. Thanks in advance for saving us time to adress your issue! :)

(none for this one at this time; may add more later once I have more crops to pick to play with)

EDIT:
    Video link showing the bug:

Phoenix is the CV I'm on.
    Little Leaper is one of the SVs docked on the CV. At the end of the video I go to Leaper and open the control panel to show it's off.
    I had just logged into the server for the sole purpose of making the video, so when I opened the boxes to link to something, I had not opened them previously.
    Notice that the spoiled food isn't stacking: it's forming a new stack of the amount of the amount I should have collected (e.g. 8 for the oranges) of spoiled food, so it looks like it's adding the item, then immediately spoiling it in place.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Sephrajin, ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Tried your steps. cannot reproduce it. I connected myself to the Fridge of the powered-down HV on my Base via Logistic. I started to pick plants and pressed F4 to take a look. Normal Decay within a few minutes, Mushrooms from 14 to 11 no spoiling.
    Fast Easy 02_2019-05-04_18-24-18.png Fast Easy 02_2019-05-04_18-23-24.png

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Germanicus, 2 questions:

1. Are you on experimental?

2. Had you already opened that fridge on the HV before you linked to it?

I couldn't do it again for a fridge I had opened. But if I used F4 to open logistics, and picked a vessel/fridge I hadn't opened yet, linked to it, and then picked, they spoiled.

If I opened it with F4 and closed it, then linked to it later, it worked.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

1. Yes
    2. no. I use no fridge on the HV. at least not for food ;) as can be seen in the pic.
    I stood in my Base below while I linked myself to the Fridge via F4 Logistic. I may try it again by placing a new fridge in the unfinished CV.

5. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

.... it may be fixed in EXP.
    It may also be a server-specific issue.... are you in SP?

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

SP. As Always;)

7. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Added a video of the bug to original post.

@Germanicus : if you do not get the same results, it may only be a dedi server thing, or it may be fixed in EXP. If the latter, this can be disregarded.

Unfortunately, I don't have an EXP server with crop plots on it right now to test. :(

EDIT:
    Actually, I do, but the EXP server is running a very, very OLD database, so I hesitate to use it for testing (the db is from before the reputation changes, to give an idea).

I also searched through bug reports, and I can't find this. I remember there were issues with food spoiling when it went into inventory if picked before the inventory is open, but I can't find that thread (this may be related?)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Germanicus likes this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

9. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Pach likes this.
  10. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

That would be the post I was looking for, thank you @Pantera
    ... but this is different, since it's not my personal inventory (which is what that original thread was); it's a linked fridge (I just thought it might be related because of the "I haven't opened this inventory since logging into the server" issue, and if I do open the inventory, it behaves as expected.

Could be something totally different, though! :(

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Pantera

• Developer
    I can reproduce this also in A10 it will get looked at asap thanks for the use case.

Pach likes this.
  12. Pantera

• Developer
    Pach likes this.