List of small and not so small bugs + comments

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Zenothing, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Zenothing

Zenothing Ensign

(I ll try to keep posting new comments on Experimental 1.5)

1 - when inside SV, Latitude & Longitude indicator overlapps time to sunset/sunrise; annoying and disturbs planning strategies;

2 - never ever in previous updates and new versions (since first launch of the game!!) had I faced such flickering, stuttering, probably low frames p/s; wonder why, as it seems not to be more graphics detail like textures (not as much as more content, triangles etc...). It´s slowing my NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER... (i7 + 16 GB RAM)

3 - excess of items cause legends above POIs, drones etc.. overload the screen, so one is pushed to press F6 and then the use of the the sonar/radar to check distances and calculate approach to combat etc is compromised; may sound like hair splitting but it really spoils gameplay, diverts attention and actions to view management edtc... Aiming is seriously compromised; yep, dunno what to do about that...

3 - this is not about version 1.5, but it has to do with overall gameplay:

The presence of bugs inside friendly trade stations causes very, very annoying unending sounds, noises; I asked myself if it was on purpose to avoid player staying long time indoors. If that s the point, it boils down to "making the game worst at a certain point to induce better gameplay", which is a self defeating strategy and bad planning. The game and gameplay should always be the best, the best possible, pleasant, and then the results will come. These sounds inside stations were already annoying enough, repetitive (especially for long time players) without these extra horrible sounds. Besides, it reduces the impact of the bugs/monsters sound when it s a conflict encounter; (if there was a kind of diversity idea behind this element, then it s absolutely nonsense).

Overall, all changes in mechanics and gameplay, use of tools, new POIs and other elements are absolutely great. The things listed above are minor problems (and hopefully easy to correct). The game continues to grow better, top class among similar.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    KRanKO5 likes this.
  2. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

If you are hearing creature sound effects inside the POI, then there are still enemies to kill (of the type which sound you are hearing).

When you hear no more sounds, they are all dead.

Great way to know if you missed something. :)

Germanicus and KRanKO5 like this.
  3. martian101

martian101 Lieutenant

I think he means the critters that spawn around POIs, like the bugs and insects and arachnids, they can be annoying in fact and constantly going after them is also annoying

O2 enclosed POIs should be able to filter out those sounds from going inside like they do for the rain droplets, that would go a great length to make the stay in trading stations and player bases less annoying

Now there are also critters that spawn inside trading stations like the ones from the Kriel Empire that can also be very annoying, for those I would recommend lowering the sound

KRanKO5 likes this.
  4. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

The kriel like their bugs

Germanicus and KRanKO5 like this.
  5. Zenothing

Zenothing Ensign

=> I was not referring to POIs that one is looting or attacking. I mentionned "STATIONS" and I refer to the beasts that now hang around in stations. Please!
    By the way, there should be a "useless" or "unrelated" label to stick to comments when people have not even read correctly, so one won't waste time - as much as there is a label to set a thread closed.
    Anyway, besides the usual noise of aliens on stations (salesman, ladies walking around etc) now beasts are also NPCs on peaceful stations, adding more "noise" to the already infested environment.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  6. Zenothing

Zenothing Ensign

More reports (btw, I m playing vanilla single player cenario to test without extras)

4 - I almost died twice while inside an SV, just flying, nothing attacking or shooting, but I was gewttting damage and ended up with broken leg or something. It happened twice, once I managed to land the vehicle and repair the cockpit that was partially (slightly) damaged, then it stopped causing damage when I entered the cockpit.

I thought it was something deliberate of this new version: damaged cockpits may cause damage to the pilot - could be realistic. I ssaw it happen also on a youtube video posted by Spanj. It never occurred again, so I guess it s not intended.

KRanKO5 likes this.
  7. Zenothing

Zenothing Ensign

See reply above. I was talking about stations, not any POI (read the thread pls).

8. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Many people on the forum don't have English as their first language, so people try to be understanding of words that may not have been used correctly.

"stations" can mean friendly trading stations, hostile Zirax stations you can attack, abandoned stations, etc.

So people are trying to understand exactly which building(s) you mean.

Germanicus likes this.
  9. martian101

martian101 Lieutenant

You seem to be pissed off with life...

POIs means Point of Interest so it basically is any station in game, be it trading or not and if you read the response you'd see I also mentioned critters that spawn inside trading stations

But yes many of the noises inside "STATIONS" also come from the outside....

"useless" punk....

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Zenothing

Zenothing Ensign

POInt taken. I edited the first post.

Pach likes this.
  11. Zenothing

Zenothing Ensign

Additional comment or suggestion:

5 - I presume that a vast majority of players who check in at traders, salesmen, dealers in trade stations widh only to buy stuff. SAince sometime we have to go through another window/dialogue to choose between watching the News or "Show me your wares please". It worsens the interaction. I m humble o, the News (I suppose it is or will be related to story plots) could be integrated to the Galactic Network terminals, for instance, where players go for specific purposes. Except if the purpose was to induce this majority of "customers" to take a look at the news (which, save if it s part of a running story, people do once and never again).. So, It seems that this strategy, if that s what it is, has unbalanced costs associated to minor results. Just a suggestion.

12. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

I agree with Zenothing. I also agree with Pach.

For me, the problem is not with the POI with enemies to kill, but on the trading station. There is some alien making a loud hiss/bug like noise, and repeats every few seconds. It's incredibly annoying and my ears actually start to hurt if I stay in the station too long. I've uploaded the sound in case my description wasn't good enough. It would be great to have this noise replaced with something less painful on the ears.

Attached Files:

13. Zenothing

Zenothing Ensign

Thanks Casey, thas is exactly what I meant; And thas is not the only annoying sound, that one is caused I believe by the forest/vegetation green guy with antennas, but there is another noise coming from the radioactive-area creep, which is also now populating the trade stations. Of course one may say it s not a serious gameplay or development issue, but in the end, isn´t making an excellent, more enjoyable game the aim?

Casey likes this.