Known Issue Little Pine Trees & Dead Pine Trees get stuck to hovercraft

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by Wizzarin, May 8, 2020.

1. Wizzarin

Wizzarin Ensign

I think I found a bug, I was driving the abandon hovercraft (that you have to add a generator and fuel cell too) and I drove it next to those new little pine trees or the dead little pine trees and I got the hovercraft stuck. It happened more than once, (once to the healthy pine and once to the dead pine). Both times I had to cut the tree down to get hover craft released. Both times the tree was stuck in the middle of the block.

2. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Commander

yea, I really wish devs would increase the boundry box around those needle thin dead trees and the living ones.. I hate having to get out of my hv with hand trimmers everytime I get stuck on those.

zaphodikus likes this.
  3. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Or just let us knock them over! The logic here is just wrong. This bug has been here for some time now! Please fix them. This is part of the reason I get to an SV so quick.

4. I'm still sad that they removed that feature from us. I miss the days when heavier vessels could knock down trees if they were moving fast enough. It even dropped it's logs for us too.
    I still can't figure out why they removed that. I never ran into any issues with it, it just worked.

RazzleWin likes this.
  5. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Back when it felt like you really was driving a heavy tank to a POI and could knock down trees in your way! :D
    Yeah I miss those days too.:(

mr_road and krazzykid2006 like this.
  6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    We are aware of this destruction not working I cannot say exactly when it will be back it was disabled on purpose due to some other changes. Hopefully during A12 or A12.X it can return as soon as it is ready I'll update this thread.

mr_road, Crote, Pach and 1 other person like this.
  7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Please remove or change the collision properties of the trees prefab shown in photo and in save file . Players are getting stuck while exploring areas with the type of trees described....Even if HV engine is turned off the HV remains stuck in place. The used HV is just an example. Many getting stuck especially those with guns attached in front or harvesting devices.

[--A12ExpPhase4-2205--]_2020-06-08_12-18-35.png

[--A12ExpPhase4-2205--]_2020-06-08_12-18-46.png
    Same goes for those too.....

[--A12ExpPhase4-2205--]_2020-06-08_12-18-56.png

Save file link

8. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

9. Magmakey

Magmakey Ensign

I Love this game!! but I am having a major problem. In order to fight the Zirax I built a huge tank out of a hovercraft and blocks, at my Steam link you will see the tank: it hovers well, but when I run into a tree, usually thin trees or sometimes boulders the tree or boulder will merge with my tank stopping it in its tracks as shown at 14:00 the battle starts at 15:48 I start to retreat and backs up into a small tree which then merges with my craft stopping me in my tracks as shown. I cannot move up, down, forward or backward. all the while the Zirax is laying waste to me. seeing that I am stuck I get out of my tank as shown at 17:48 and you will see how a little thin tree has merged with my ship and I have to shoot it with my Survival tool, after I destroy the tree then I can finally move, but my tank gets stuck again at 19:13 and I have to get out again and destroy the tree which has merge with my tank. this has been a continual problem with the trees, please help, this tree issue has caused me to suffer major damages, is there a solution? I love this game :) I have put in over 150 hours so far :)