Little Suggestion for Multiplayers that make youtube videos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by banksman45, Jul 29, 2016.

1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I was on twitch watching three people a on server attacking other players and bases in a CV and two SVs. It was pretty epic to see two players fly out the hangar and start attacking another players CV. They were chasing the other players CV into space and back down to the planet until the player finally warp out.
    Can some of you multiplayer gamers make videos of your pvp battles for Youtube because a video like that pulls in new players.
    I don't see many PVP ship vs ship battles videos on youtube or anywhere when it comes to Empyrion. I had no idea how epic it could get in a PVP battle. I'm a single player myself but I have to admit I wanted to jump in that battle . lol

Valdimarian likes this.
  2. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

Sounds like a great example of how to design your CV with the warp drive well protected.

banksman45 likes this.
  3. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

MP has a lot of problems at the moment. Story: So myself and two others left a PVE planet to meet up with a PVP player in PVP space. I belong to a faction but had my CV and SV set to private because new faction members were stealing supplies from me. So inorder for the passengers to ride alone I had to change my faction setting to our faction. So we loaded up and off we went. We warped into the PVP space. My two passengers jump into there SV's to do battle. SV one left the hanger just fine. SV two exploded the moment he turned it on. I went to get my SV (still on PVE planet) and it was gone. It fell out of my CV because I had changed the faction setting to let my passengers on.
    So it didnt stay locked on. The explosion from SV two took out my ward drive and most of my thrusters. Had to use the constructor to build a new one and just place it anywere it would stick. The SV that explored was a old build pre alpha. Ya so not everything in this game is perfect yet. And theres a hundred stories like this out there.

4. Kalonji

Kalonji Lieutenant

I also find it sad that there is no cv vs cv pvp Battle gameplay video available on youtube. Even no small scale battles where lag is less a problem

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh so that's why. I wondered why I did not see many videos like this because when it works it is pretty epic. I know the devs want to create this perfect PVP utopia but until they get it fix why not get rid of the restrictions ? Just allow CVs with docked SVs go where they want.

6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

If there were videos of battles like the one I watched on twitch people would come running to this game. The PVP battle I watched was smoother than Space engineers although it was a 3 on one.
    I guess some of it is people are dealing with glitches which I did not know people's ships were exploding for no reason. I see why people that play multiplayer complain now. lol

7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Oh, I'd love to, if the game weren't so awfully optimized. CV vs CV combat is a glitchy mess, and SV vs CV always favors the SV. Lag, poorly optimized weapons, and general lack of balance make it hard for me to want to spend too much time with the game in its current state.

Once they get all that stuff ironed out, believe me, there will be a lot more videos on my Youtube Channel. (Can replace link if it doesn't work) My last video is from 4 months ago, and honestly, the combat system has NOT improved enough during that time. In fact, I'm doubtful it's been improved at all.

Empyrion has a HUGE amount of potential, and when they first released on Steam it seemed they were ahead of the curve. Sadly, they are starting to fall behind as scores of similar games appear, each one looking more smooth and interesting than the last. Trust me, I WANT this game to succeed and to be the very best it can be.

Sadly, the devs just don't have the time or resources to truly put the game where it needs to be. I still have a lot of faith in Eleon, but each day that combat (the main reason people will want to play) remains broken, I lose a little more of that faith. I'm not a font of faith, and it will dry up eventually. I just hope that the game has improved before that happens.

Please, Eleon, don't make me regret the 700+ hours I've put into this game so far. I want to make it past 1,000 hours, and I want to be happy to do so, but PLEASE, FIX THE ELEMENTS THAT ATTRACT PLAYERS FOR THE LOVE OF _____.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    =TCR= Big_Red, Bigfeet and banksman45 like this.
  8. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

Well I did get a chance to test my CV against another CV. Some poor fool parked his CV in orbit in a PVP area and logged off I guess. I decided to try and do a few runs past it to see how well the turrets tracked and when I was finished he had a hole so big my plasma bolts were flying through his hull and out the other side. Weird thing is that his core must have not been taken out because he was still firing back. He's not going to be happy when he logs in but atleast I didn't completely destroy it and leave him adrift in space. I kinda figured that was nice of me

9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well at least you didn't completely destroy it . LOL So maybe the devs are fixing the turrets now ?

10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Those SV dog fights are awesome. Videos like that make people want to play this game . I notice on the experimental server performance in single player mode is a lotttttttttt better all the sudden after the patch from yesterday . For reason it seems like my fuel tanks in my CV are lasting a lot longer. So maybe they are working on performance right now. I am still happy with Elon but I know they have a ways to go . I keep forgetting this game became a full Alpha game like 5 or 6 months ago. So I still have faith.

11. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

Not sure if they are working on them or not but they didn't seem to miss him much, I was in motion for most of the fight he was stationary. If he had been mobile I am sure it would have been far more difficult to hit. It was satisfying though knowing I only lost one grow light and a couple plants in the green house. He didn't fare as well I am afraid

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  12. Valdimarian

Valdimarian Commander

They probably have two cores and your cannons were splitting the difference.

I think that's the biggest problem with CV combat at the moment, weapons (Alien and Turret) target enemy's Cores, so you can't fly your CV up to a POI and have your cannons raining fire down on their cannons. If they changed the targeting priority to Weapons > Core > Person (or maybe Weapons > Person > Core) that would make much more sense from a tactical perspective.

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Maybe it's just me but I think CV should be able to take a lot of hits even from an alien base. I think I read somewhere that one of the DEVs are going to look into increasing the CV defenses which I think would help a lot. Right now as soon as I fly near a base I start seeing holes in my hull. It's almost like they don't care what my ship is made of. Now I haven't tried combat steel yet but I'm using harden steel and yes I can beat a alien base in my CV but that's after my CV is almost ripped apart. Even though I win it sure doesn't look like I won if you look at my ship. lol

14. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

I recently watched Starship Troopers 1 to 3 for 'CV ideas'
    Their ships appear to be similar to ours when it came to the blue plasma ass firing bugs ... that just tore them apart

15. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

And the Enterprise has been hit 1000 times. Whats your point. Its TV viewing. Very simple, CV should have shields.

16. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

My point is that we are not the only ones with these problems :)

17. RobDog

RobDog Commander

I'm always on the lookout to try a new game like this. What game titles are ahead of Empyrion?