Fixed Local multiplayer not working [A12.3]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Siri, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Siri

Siri Ensign

I am having the same exact problem. Both myself and my husband started a local multiplayer game a few days ago and yesterday we tried to go into the game together and I just didn't work. We didn't get to far and figured it was because of the update and just restarted a new local game on him computer and it worked fine. Today after todays update we are trying to play together and we are having the same problem we cant resume the game in multiplayer.

I uploaded a log but not really sure what log to upload, can you please let us know exactly what log in what folder you are talking about to upload to help with this problem.

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Please attach the entire 2969 folder from the logs folder.

If there is a password on the coop server please try removing it

1) Make sure the co-op server is not running & open the dedicated.yaml in the save game folder

2) Look for Srv_Password: & remove anything after Srv_Password: like this for example
    ServerConfig:
    Srv_Name: Local co-op
    Srv_Password:

3) Save the file then start up the co-op game again. If you are prompted from this point for a password leave the dialogue box blank & click ok.

Passwords for co-op aren't completely necessary the only players who can see or join your Co-op game are on your steam friends list.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Siri

Siri Ensign

These are all the files in the 2969 folder. I tried to start my server again in coop and the dedicated server screen was blank just blue and eventually I got the error message "Error: Connect to server failed: Could not retrieve server information" My server does not have a password. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

4. Pantera

• Developer
    I separated the threads in case there is 2 different issues.

Does this issue happen every time with the same save game ?
    Does it happen with a new save game ?

Can you please try uninstalling then reinstall the game ?

5. Siri

Siri Ensign

This same thing happened to my husbands game and also in my game and that is with 2 separate computers but on the same network. I also created a new save game and the same thing happened when going back into the game the next day. On first set up of the local coop server everthing is fine we can join each others game with no problem. It is when we shut down and try to get in the next day that we are having the black blue screen and then eventually the error saying we cant connect to the server. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling but cant do that till later this evening.

6. Siri

Siri Ensign

I uninstalled and reinstalled and I am having the same problem. I still cant play my old save in local multiplayer coop. After the uninstall/reinstall I started a new local coop game and had no problems creating and my husband was able to join me. After I shut the server down and tried to run it again as local coop it did the same , the screen blue screen that pops up as the dedicated server was blank and I got the same error I shared with you before in the earlier post.

Attached Files:

7. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks we are currently looking into having a fix for this ready soon.

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Peer2Peer Coop

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (lways
    Severity: Major

Type: Gamestart

Summary: Multiplayer server fails to start sometimes

Description:When starting a coop session, I have to restart the application 3 or 4 times before my game will connect to the server. The server window is all blue, nothing on it.
    After 3 or 4 tries, the server starts and runs as normal.

Also I can no longer reconnect to my server if I get out of the game by using 127.0.0.1:30000. It says the server doesn't exist.

Steps to Reproduce: Resume a coop game and sometimes the server fails to initialize.
    (Log files attached)

(This used to work fine before Alpha 12)

Attached Files:

• Logs.zip
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020