Looking for a server to play on - with a few catches; see inside!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Uncle Benny, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a multiplayer server - go figure - but I have a few ah... requirements? wishes? things? Here's the deal; I make Youtube content, and while I'm having fun with my singleplayer world, I'd love to do some multiplayer because, well, why not? So that'd be wish number one, that I be allowed to record.

Second, I'm a bit of a loner, so a server that sort of lets me be one would be excellent. I'm absolutely not against helping people out or doing something together, but it's my base, my ship, and if you don't like it, I have a few minigun turrets that really want to discuss that with you - so yeah, being able to do that would be nice.

Even nicer would be a non-standard universe, more planets, more diversity, and (going back to that loner thing) the possibility to head out to a corner where my nearest neighbor is on the other end of the planet.

Who has suggestions, or runs a server? Let me know. If you run a server, sell me on it, explain why yours is the best ever! :)

2. Jackall

Jackall Commander

Check out the Oblivion server. We let people be and if they need help we readily provide it. We have nothing but customized playfields with plenty of resources. Good group of people and everyone helps each other out, at least in the pve section. Now the pvp areas, they aren't so helpful :D

Our server info is in my signature and if you care to join us on Discord, you are welcome to do so.

3. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Which area of the world?

If you wish you can check out the only verified server in South africa with custom worlds, map, resource balancing, pvp and pve area's faction homeworlds, faction invasions and a unique market place of buying and selling ships

4. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

I'm in Europe (France, to be exact) but not bothered by latency all that much. Thanks for your replies, I'll come pop in some point soon and check and see what works for me and my silly list of wishes :D

5. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Maybe you should try one of the servers that runs on Voodoo2 scenario - it does have a lot of different custom playfields (142) and it works well.

Waiting for Alpha 7 I wanted some challenge at start and than to 'travel & explore' around large system in small CV, to play mostly solo but on MP server where I could bump on someone from time to time, so I choose this scneario and this server - https://empyriononline.com/threads/verified-server-sbs-pvpve-24-7-dedicated-100slots.12969/

It's US server and I'm from europe - so with time difference you can choose how many players are on when you play :)
    It is set up on 'hard' for all aliens, and it is pretty hard outside in the open field (I started on harder icy planet with zero player structures :))

I'm also in Europe and ping in good, around 150, and admins helped me once really quickly after one stupid semi-bugish situation.
    Unfortunately I'm sick at the moment... so gaming is in off mode :(

6. Garrett

Garrett Lieutenant

Check out SBS. I have been playing there for a couple of weeks now. It's a new server so not a massive player base yet. Based in the US so if you're in Europe your prime-time is their quiet time. They are running the Voodoo2 map so there are dozens of different worlds with custom POI's. The videoing wouldn't be a problem I think because the owners already shoot vids and post on their forum. Great admins - fast response - very few issues/bugs - excellent up times, and they have now introduced the chat bot system with a fair and generous starter survival package. I'm from the UK and ping around the 110-130 mark regularly but the server runs very smoothly... Worth a look imho :)

7. RDNt

RDNt Lieutenant

8. [4ACE]KahulBane

[4ACE]KahulBane Ensign

We currently have a server up that we do a lot of testing on custom stuff. We only roll big changes with major version updates.
    Our current Galaxy has almost 200 or so playfields. It runs nice. We limit to 20 slots and are password protected.
    I have not had the server verified yet, as with 7 coming out, we have a new galaxy build I am cleaning up that has about 250 + playfields on it.

We will be changing to that around the time 7 goes live. We are running 7 ATM.

You are welcome to pop in and take a look. There are 7+ starting worlds but the new one has 21+ PVE and PVP. If you have friends you like to bring with, you may do that as well. Message me and I will give you the password to BaneUni and you can have a look around.

It is an open galaxy, factions will make the rules not admins in the time to come, so you can go as far as you wish, and own what you can.