CURRENTLY not reproducible Major Bug with SV docked on a CV

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by Plasma280, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Plasma280

Plasma280 Ensign

First off, I am posting here because the forum told me I have insufficient privileges to post in the bug section. Any admin around please move my thread to the relevant location please.

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Holbraks in Space

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type: SV and CV

Summary: After a warp drive jump any or all SV docked on a CV will morph / merge with the CV and vice versa.

Description: This usually only happens after a warp jump was performed. The small vessel cockpit will become the CV cockpit or sometimes the other way around. The SV then behaves like a CV. Also the faction gets completely removed from both ships and is set to No Faction. This renders both vessels completely inoperable and will leave the player stranded in space without any means to get back to base or a planet on his own means. This has happened on self built vessels and workshop vessels.

Steps to Reproduce: Perform a warp jump to any system. Get into docked SV. Get out. Visually it will look ok for now. Quit game. Join server again. SV will now look completely mangled up with parts floating all around the ship. Or many parts will be completely missing. Or sometimes the SV cockpit has now become the cockpit of the CV.

Screenshots added below.

Attached Files:

2. Plasma280

Plasma280 Ensign

Another screenshot of a pre-fab vessel and how it got changed.

Attached Files:

3. deepblue550

deepblue550 Ensign

4. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi I'm not able to reproduce anything from the OP.

@Plasma280 can you make some video please showing this issue starting before it happens to when it happens ?
    Can it be triggered on a local dedi server also ?

5. Random Event

Random Event Ensign

I can confirm that this happens on our server too.

6. attichicco

attichicco Ensign

Seed: Unknown (Dedicated server, seed command doesn't exists ?)
    Game Type: Survival, Multiplayer
    Description:
    I 've built an SV in space because it's easier and left my old SV there, today I went to space with enough materials to build a CV, I docked both SV to my CV and entered the orbit of a planet, then strange things started happening, i noticed some extra landing pads on one of my SV, and my CV didn't have them anymore, then when i broke them i with the multitool I noticed they were CV landing gear onto an SV, I went to my base to get a few blocks and fix the holes, and then this happened: screenshot.345.png
    Aaaand yes, that is my SV's wing that got somehow transfered to my CV... not sure what's happening, I forgot to save the map in time, that has been already removed now, and everything else is fixed, but I hope this info is enough.
    I guess some stuff from CV got transferred to the same position (x,y,z) to one of my SV and vice versa

7. Jualter

Jualter Ensign

Version 9.7.1. 2321
    Hosting a coop server.

I had an HV and an SV docked on a CV. I completed one warp to an adjacent planet, landed on the planet and the 'P' menu became unavailable. That in itself is a nuisance bug because it resolved itself when I went back into orbit but I'm not even going to bother reporting that at this point, however, including it here in case it is relevant.

Once back in orbit, I discovered my SV had been totally mangled. Not sure if this happened after the warp or the subsequent atmosphere/orbit transitions. The wings had been converted to hangar doors, iron blocks from the fuselage were scattered randomly, and major parts like landing gear were missing. If it weren't for the cockpit and blocks I placed on the end of the wing component, I would not have recognized that it was still there. The HV was not affected at all and the CV seems to be intact as well. To be thorough, the SV was not enclosed by the CV (docked on a rooftop landing pad) while the HV was inside a hangar bay and completely enclosed by CV blocks.

In a former life I was a software tester for 10+ years and I would really like to get this bug fixed. I know I haven't yet verified if it is reproduceable nor do I know if it was the warp but I suspect it was. I just want to make this issue visible to the developers/testers for now.

8. Jualter

Jualter Ensign

Just did some testing. The "P menu" bug only appears after the first warp after first launching the server. This time it only happened on the HV and SV and not the CV they were docked on. There is a workaround for it, which is to get in the HV/SV and turn cycle the power on and off. Then the P menu is once again available. After doing this, the problem did not reoccur but I am 90% certain that I can relaunch the server and reproduce this again on the first warp after initializing the game.

I did not notice the ship deformity mentioned above in a number of "single player" scenarios warping with a CV and HV/SV docked. At first I thought it had to do with any of the following (and my results so far):

-Docking on the roof/exterior of a CV (seems to be okay).
    -Docking more than one HV/SV on the CV (No issues).
    -Docking HV/SV's as part of a faction while the CV is "public" (No issues).
    *-Docking HV/SV's of multiple factions/players and multiple players on board (this has been most reproducible in the past but have yet to test with a friend on the latest versions).

*Note: when my friends and I play together, we avoid warping with CV's because it deforms our vessels (adds/removes/changes blocks) pretty much every time. Will have to test again to verify consistency because we restarted from our last save game when it happens to save our SV/HV's.

9. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Interesting let me know if anything more comes of this so hopefully it becomes reproducible internally also to examine the issue.

If there is a reproduction of this in the way you mention could you supply the save game with all the docked vessels in different factions setup before a warp has been done ?

10. Jualter

Jualter Ensign

I could probably make that happen. Might be a week or so before I can get to it but I will enlist one of my friends to log on with me to try to reproduce it for sure. Would be nice to reliably carry friends around the galaxy on the CV but I understand that, without reproducing it, it's tough to chase ghost issues. Thanks for the reply. I will let you know!

Germanicus likes this.
  11. iamnoobplzhelp

iamnoobplzhelp Lieutenant

I have this really weird issue. The items from the SV docked on my CV keeps getting duplicated on my CV, but bigger.

Also, some parts of the ship just go missing for no apparent reason.

Lastly, some things are getting miniaturized.

This was happening on 9.7.1, and seems to be happen pretty randomly. Is this a known issue?
    383120_screenshots_20190611181113_1.jpg 383120_screenshots_20190615124552_1.jpg 887229.5949999825_20190618161951_1.jpg

12. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

Have you ruled out this is not because mis-matching configs between server and clients? I don't know if server allows joining if they differ though, or if it only uses one from server.

13. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

When you join a server the only config that is used is the servers config file. The clients config file has zero impact.

14. The_Holo

The_Holo Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

Modified Playfields: No

Reproducibility: Seemingly random, happened 4 times now in a week
    Severity: Could be quite severe if away from base and without a replacement cockpit
    Type: Vehicles

Summary: Blocks on CV and SV change into other types

Description: This server was setup under 10.4. After it updated to 10.5 I have built a CV and a SV, Tier1a types.
    Sometimes upon returning from a planet, after a warp or a simple relogging, some blocks have changed into other types. My CV has gotten it's lowerpart of the stairs change into a second core, and a couple of extra docking ports have appeared outside the vessel. This has happened twice in a week.

The SV has gotten it's reinforced cockpit changed into doors or ramps, while some normal reinforced steelblocks have turned into door blocks aswell. This has also happened twice so far, (but not at the same time as the CV changed) The doors and ramps the blocks had turned into was CV/Base blocks when picked up!

Relogging or restarting the server does not help, so I will need to carry a supply of cockpits for the SV to avoid getting stranded somewhere.

So far the SV has always changed while docked to something, either the CV or my base, while the CV changes has been while in space.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019