Maps & Markers/Waypoints

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LiftPizzas, Jan 24, 2021.

1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I know it's ironic that I previously asked to be able to see markers on planets from space... but now we've got markers on other planets visible all the time. So for example when I'm on a moon, there is a huge mass of yellow text for all the markers on the nearby planet and it's really hard to even see anything (such as things shooting at me) when looking in that direction. Is there a way to turn them off as a group while keeping current-planet markers visible, or only select a specific marker to be visible? Maybe only show markers on a specific planet when you are on that planet, or in the "orbit" playfield that contains that planet.

On a related note, it would still be super useful to be able to view a planet's map and set/change waypoints on that planet's map from anywhere else in the galaxy. I realize that maybe a POI or something changed since you last visited, and you'd have to keep an extra layer of data so that the player couldn't exploit the map to become clairvoyant, so it would be a fairly complex feature to add.

Maybe some of this already exists and I haven't found the right keystrokes to use it?

Track Driver likes this.