Maximum number of buildings for planets

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Art738, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Art738

Art738 Ensign

Please help, is it possible to adjust the maximum number of buildings, individually for each planet? Or even ban construction on the planet?

2. andresdebuenr

andresdebuenr Ensign

It is possible to set a maximuum limit of certain types of blocks on vessels, bases, etc, but I'm pretty sure you cant adjust the number of building per planet, as they are randomly generated through the seed. However, I can't hel but wonder, why would you want to limit the buildings on a sandbox.voxel game?

3. Art738

Art738 Ensign

I make a public server. And I want to make it so that on some planets it was impossible to build bases.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yes and No

Code:
    # AllowHV: False                  # Dis-allow HVs to enter/spawn in this playfield, default is True
    # AllowSV: False                  # Dis-allow SVs to enter/spawn in this playfield, default is True
    # AllowCV: False                  # Dis-allow CVs to enter/spawn in this playfield, default is True
    # AllowBA: False                  # Dis-allow BAs to enter/spawn in this playfield, default is True

# AllowBlueprintSV: False         # Dis-allow to spawn SV Blueprint in this playfield, default is True
    # AllowBlueprintCV: False         # Dis-allow to spawn CV Blueprint in this playfield, default is True
    # AllowBlueprintBA: False         # Dis-allow to spawn BA Blueprint in this playfield, default is True
    # AllowBlueprintHV: False         # Dis-allow to spawn HV Blueprint in this playfield, default is True

you have those options. BUT if you disallow SV/CV they cant enter the planet aswell so that kinda limits your options

Other then those there isnt.

You can set all to false and make the planet so that you can access it with a portal. But then players need to either walk or use a MotorBike for travel

But since you just look to not build bases. Set :

Code:
    AllowBlueprintBA: False
    AllowBA: False
    then people cant build/spawn a base but CV/SV/HV can still enter

Art738 likes this.
  5. Art738

Art738 Ensign

Thank you. it was here :rolleyes: Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\Playfields\+ExampleSpace\space_dynamic.yaml
    Can I use the same for space playfield files?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yes

Art738 likes this.
  7. Art738

Art738 Ensign

Thank you very much.

Taelyn likes this.
  8. Art738

Art738 Ensign

Ups. I trying to configure space_dynamic.yaml, and it does not work :(
    AllowBlueprintBA: False
    AllowBA: False
    Space playfield does not have statics file.

error log
    16-16:25:05.278 19_25 -EXC- YamlDotNet.Core.YamlException: (Line: 2, Col: 1, Idx: 49) - (Line: 2, Col: 1, Idx: 49): Exception during deserialization ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Property 'AllowBA' not found on type 'Assembly-CSharp.ComponentSettings'.

9. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Only works with playfield.yaml and static

Your space playfield will generate on server/game start in a playfield.yaml in the save game. add it there

Art738 likes this.
  10. Art738

Art738 Ensign

Thank You, it's works.
    I understand that I will have to configure other settings after the server is started.
    For example, I can not write descriptions for orbits.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Orbit descriptions do work now in space_dynamic.yaml files :D