[MOD] Empyrion Notices

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by joemorin73, Dec 14, 2017.

1. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Empyrion Notices is the successor to Death Messages. Rewriting the mod allowed me to setup a framework that will allow for more user options and room for expansion. Since this is the first version, feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Features:
    • Death Messages.
    • Join/Leave messages.
    • User ability to enable death messages, notices, join messages and notices.
    • Admin ability to force admin join/leaves to users. (This let's any players waiting for an admin to be aware.)
    • All options are in game changeable. (No messing with the config files.)
    • "!Admin" - Send a message directly to all online admins.
    Planned features:
    • Player favourites - Get join/leave and death messages of preferred players even when you disable messages.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    jmcburn likes this.
  2. Fraser

Fraser Commander

Hi Joemorin73 is there a way to use your wonderful mod on a COOP Server (i.e Server run on PC that host player is playing game on)

3. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

That is an excellent question. I am not sure how the local coop works on a technical level.

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Love your work dude !

5. Mulano_iZz_LuEp

Mulano_iZz_LuEp Ensign

how to install this?

6. Fraser

Fraser Commander

Wish I knew, I've now got a server on GTX Gaming and I still can't get it to work

7. Fraser

Fraser Commander

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've even tried extracting the files straight into the Content directory to see if that makes a difference, still not seeing any death messages :(

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Does this need its own map to be installed within the MOD folder?

Also does it respond to !MODS?

How to configure it? No command listed at all

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2018
  9. Fraser

Fraser Commander

Not sure the installation instructions are a bit vague so i'm really struggling with this, I even presented the link and files to the Engineers that host the server and they couldn't work it out either :(

10. Fraser

Fraser Commander

So this is what I've tried so far ( I have a dedicated server on a Hosting website )

In the main directory I have various folders such as config, content, logs, saves, EmpyrionDedicated_Data etc

The previous MOD which I could also never get to work (Death Messages) said to install it into the Mods folder. There is no Mods folder in any of the folders but it does mention something about a Config folder which I have.

I created a Mods folder in the Content folder and installed the files from this MOD including it's folder EmpyrionNotices_v1.0. Then restarted the Server, In m web console on my server I can see:

-LOG- Loaded mod Mod0 from EmpyrionNotices_v1.0
    Non platform assembly: C:\TCAFiles\Users\*****\52135\Content\Mods\EPM\EPM.dll (this message is harmless)

So by all accounts it looks like it's been loaded just nothing happens in game :(

11. Fraser

Fraser Commander

Ok so I finally got this to work!!!!

The Death Messages Mod just will not work on my Dedicated Server but I have been able to get Notices to work.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Create a "Mod" folder on your server (mine is hosted through a third party hosting website not on my PC) the folder was created in the only folder found called "Content"

2)Create a folder called "EmpyrionNotices_V1.0" then extract the 3 unzipped files within the MOD download into that folder.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I unziped the files in the download the folder created was called "EmpyrionNotices_V1.0 (1)" it had and additional (1) which caused it to stop working some how. The folder must be called "EmpyrionNotices_V1.0" nothing more nothing less.

The messages pop up very quickly so at first my players we not aware that these notices were happening which didn't help me diagnose the problem . I've set the messages to appear in Chat and that is much more helpful.

It's a great MOD, I wish there were more like this.

12. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Oke and how did u change the messages to be appearing in chat?

13. Fraser

Fraser Commander

I opened the messages yaml in notepad, you can just change the existing entries it's simple enough :)

14. saa044[WP]

saa044[WP] Ensign

Any updates for Alpha 8?

15. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Some things changed with the games files for A8: @joemorin73 will likely have to recompile it for A8's new yamldotnet version ;)

Ephoie and saa044[WP] like this.
  16. saa044[WP]

saa044[WP] Ensign

Cool, great. My server is empty without this mod, or well, current official not empty because this mod works, but when Alpha 8 goes out of experimental it's gonna need this, BAD. :)

17. saa044[WP]

saa044[WP] Ensign

Yeah sorry my bad, I missed the directory name. Renamed it and it works in Alpha 8.

Exacute likes this.
  18. metapo

metapo Lieutenant

In my environment will not work with Mod

D:\steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\Mod\EmpyrionNotices_V1.0
    https://gyazo.com/75e1158c4272aa8fcc7d59382e3f755d

I decompress and introduce the DL file to this address.
    Is there anything else you need to do?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  19. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

I've got the folder named EmpyrionNotices_V1.0 (always did), but when I updated my server from 7.6.1 to Alpha 8, this mod stopped working :/ anybody have any luck?

20. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

It needs a new version. I'll have one out this evening.

GasBandit likes this.