Mod for in game /commands

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Ernicus Maximus, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Ernicus Maximus

Ernicus Maximus Lieutenant

I've looked through most of the mods, so forgive me if I've missed it. Is there a mod currently that allows us to have configurable /commands in game for players to use to get stuff?

I really enjoyed that aspect of CommandCrate. Taelyn did awesome with getting it updated, but I still have had some issues with it as my usage grew and player base grew, so much that I did not want to bug him more about it as he is a busy person.

In looking at the thing as a whole, what I really loved and used the most is the ability to create custom yaml files that did pretty much whatever I wanted to as long as I wrote it correctly.

From things as simple as /cake to give the player a cake to /startership which dropped a 1 time only baby ship that I designated.

So, is there a mod out there that does this? If not, can I throw a few bucks as someone to make one?

I don't have the time to get into modding currently, but hopefully one day, so until then I rely on you fine folks to make cool **** for us. :)

zaphodikus likes this.
  2. JupiterVessel Corp

JupiterVessel Corp Commander

Not that easy each exact command has to be programed in the yami files. I only know of one person who wasted his time to do it, and I beleive you have to use eah for it to work. just use the item menu and finish bp command.

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Its very easy to do this with CommandCrate actually

Once Game Version 1.4 releases i release a small update to CommandCrate and SpotGuard

I doubt there is a mod out there that replaces CommandCrate since CommandCrate has the whole API build in what a player can use with yaml files insteed C#. It took Exacute months to write this. Empyrions modding community isnt that big due to C#. Most players dont even know how to use C#. Hence CommandCrate is a nice mod for those players as its useing YAML

If you have problems with CommandCrate I rather have you report them to me so I can try to fix them =) Afterall thats the point I put new live into them..

4. Ernicus Maximus

Thanks. I did not want to keep bugging you about CC as you are busy with game stuff. So I thought maybe we could get a smaller version focusing on commands.

The issue I'm having still with CC is hanging on startup and colliding with EAH. It just stalls and then EAH issues a new command to restart since it didn't restart properly. Sometimes if I let it sit there for 10-15 minutes it will finally start up.

I have not tried it since the new version of EAH recently released.

I do love CC with a passion, it allows us to do so many great things for our players.

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

I have no such problems with EAH and CC. Server Starts fine at all times

for me to debug it i would need some log files (dedicated.log) and possible a SaveGame where i can reproduce the problem in

6. Ernicus Maximus

I'll load it up tonight and get some logs for you, if it gives me an issue. I have not tried it in a couple weeks since after we last talked about it.

Taelyn likes this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest