[mod] Suit Abilities

Discussion in 'Empyrion API' started by GravelSmith, Apr 10, 2019.

1. GravelSmith

GravelSmith Lieutenant

Combat in this game is lacking in my opinion. I am trying to find ways to make it more interesting. This is one way to do it via modding.

(This is all very WIP at the moment. Might edit again in the future. Also, this is not released yet.)

Using a combination of Config changes and dll modifications, I plan on changing combat for the better.

General Changes:
    • Enemies no longer have hitscan weapons or homing projectiles to encourage better gunplay. You can now dodge enemy shots a lot easier.
    • Chainsaws are buffed to do a lot more damage in combat, giving them more use in that area. No effect to tree cutting speed.
    • Armors are now a lot more durable, and will not need to be repaired often. Armors also have higher base stats, and have no negative effects (food consumption or stamina). Light armor is easiest to obtain but very weak. Medium armor has high movement speed and jetpack power. Heavy armor is slow moving but very protective. Epic armor is the best of medium and heavy armor combined.
    • Armor boosts are no longer usable on armors, and are instead converted into degrading boosts that can last anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. You now have a reason to find more than a few of each boost, as they don't last forever. Some boosts only work with certain types of armors equipped.
    • All weapons are changed significantly to make them more powerful and fun to use. Shotguns finally aren't useless, and laser rifles are distinctly different from assault rifles now. Rocket launchers and explosives are actually useful now.
    • All weapons and armors are now craftable, but epic objects require rare components that have to be found in POI raiding. Instead of getting random epics, you can build the epics that you actually want using the rare parts. (probably not possible with constructors, but maybe can be done other ways)
    • All blocks and devices are unlocked for crafting at level 1. The level grind is no longer an important feature. More advanced blocks and devices are instead harder to get only due to the resources required to craft them.
    • NPC fighting ability adjusted to be heavily based on their level, to allow for different zones with different difficulties using the same enemies.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Ephoie likes this.
  2. GravelSmith

GravelSmith Lieutenant

Many of the things I want to do are not easy in the current version of the game and will require weird chat commands and repurposed items. I'm going to wait for Alpha 10 because apparently some new modding stuff will be supported whatever that means.

Ephoie likes this.