More tactical

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by VISION305, Aug 29, 2017.

1. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Commander

Maybe. I'm not sure what's involved or how they've set it up, but it's fundamentally a matter of disinheriting coordinate from the map and basing them on the ship instead.

Then again, they haven't done it with planets, and that would be far easier.

2. ImperialGuard

ImperialGuard Lieutenant

As much i know it includes many very complicated calculations, and could be hard on the engine especially since they would have to run constantly for every single player and the objects at same time , now its like saying nothing in a way but hey I'm no expert just stuff i read at some point... wish i had links

3. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

So combat aside, look at how the character moves while you are in 3rd person. Doesnt it look wrong?
    To me it almost looks like you are gliding over the ground. Even though there is a walking animation it just doesnt look right.

4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

A jogging animation might better fit the moving speed of the player pawn. Presently we only have 2 speeds : "normal" and "running". Eventually, if combat gets additional animations and movement rates, then "walking" could be slowed down to fit moving speed (feet matching ground) as would be the "stealth" approach, 2nd speed (normal) could be a light jogging matching the actual "walk" speed, and running would be the sprint (where player quickly burns stamina) to match the actual "run" speed.

5. Malekh

Malekh Commander

Outside of ships, basically in character mode, third person seems slow and unreactive. Literally slow and unreactive, compared to first person. To me at least, it's noticable and game affecting. Is this something to do with the engine? I don't know. But yeah it just doesn't feel right to me either. And this having played a fair few 3rd person shooters like mass effect (which i wouldn't hold up as any sort of standard in excellence).

6. ImperialGuard

ImperialGuard Lieutenant

hell yea stealth approach would be a great additions ... like carrying out special ops would be amazing

VISION305 likes this.
  7. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

This is exactly what I was talking about