More use for information dealers besides hacking satellites

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Searcher, May 18, 2022.

1. Searcher

Searcher Lieutenant

First, I have my own scanner on every ship. So I collect a lot of useful data myself like full resource maps of planets, moons and sometimes the whole sectors or even solar systems. Why can't I sell those? Why can't I buy those? I'd love to have sometimes a full map of a planet before actually going there. Or at least maps of currently populated cities and stations.

Next, there is a vast teleporters network built for a purpose and used by others a lot (probably). This is very strange that I have to discover them all myself. Buying some teleport locations and going there without a ship will force me to make a settlement there and to start building a ship to travel around that is really good for the gameplay.

Also I want to be able to buy information about distress signals, emergency needs somewhere and things like that where I can go to help and make profit of that. Like a lot of a product X is available on a planet A for cheap. Or planet B ran out of Y and is ready to pay a lot for any amount of that. Or location C is under pirate attack and needs some help, it will pay for every killed pirate in that sector.

Information I buy can also help me to raise my reputation with some factions either directly or by providing me access to missions like there are golems around polaris habitat, you can increase you rep if you kill them.

I can possibly also hack station terminals or find some useful information by accident like some access codes written somewhere or hear some rumors that is valuable and should be possible to be sold. Maybe add some hotkey to copy that to a data container when you are hearing a certain speech or looking at a certain projector screen.

Who else has something to add here? Isn't that cool?

Hummel-o-War likes this.