PLZ Retest and Re-Report Mouse cursor constantly active and picks up toolbar items when trying to shoot

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Duckroll, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Duckroll

Duckroll Lieutenant

Build: Stable (v1.5.8 3456 08-21:09)
    Mode: Survival and Creative (ALL)
    Mode: Singleplayer Verified (Probably multiplayer too as it appears client side)

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: User Interface

Summary: Mouse cursor constantly active and picks up toolbar items when trying to shoot

Description:
    Despite not being visible, the mouse cursor is always active and able to click items on the screen. This involves:
    - Picking up toolbar items
    - Showing unwanted tooltips
    - Clicking in areas that intercept the mouse action and cause the wanted action to fail

This bug goes off constantly, but is most prevalent when in combat and shooting downwards at anything, as it's very likely to pick up a toolbar item. It often simply causes a weapon not to shoot too. In creative it's simply a constant annoyance but in survival mode it can easily kill you and make the game entirely unenjoyable.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Load a game
    2) Look downwards and run the mouse left to right, you will start to see tooltips for your toolbar items appear
    3) Click the mouse to shoot your selected weapon, you will find the toolbar item picked up instead
    4) Get killed by an enemy while you try to put the item back into your inventory

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    bug.png

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Are you able to show a short video of you deliberately triggering this so it can be seen exactly what you are doing ?
    When trying your steps no toolbar tips appear & nothing gets picked up when firing in step 3.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Duckroll

Duckroll Lieutenant

So all I've done is...

Start the game up. I'm playing in Exclusive Fullscreen mode. IDK if that makes any difference.

I loaded up the main menu, minimised and opened up again. Loaded my game. Could see it happen immediately when it loaded.

I paused and activated recording. That's when this video is from. I'm not doing anything special to activate it.

What I would recommend to the developer is to have a condition whereby if the mouse look is enabled and the player is able to move the camera around, then assert that the inventory selection code is in a disabled state. These two modes should never be on at the same time. If you can't track it down this way, just have an extra boolean that disables inventory events when mouse look is on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Germanicus likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Ok thanks for the video unfortunately this doesn't happen for me when trying on a planet or in space can you send me a copy of the save game so I can see if I can repro this in the exact same location as you from your video ?

Also to ask what resolution & FOV are you using ?

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Duckroll

Duckroll Lieutenant

Germanicus likes this.