My little list of ideas.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SaibaX, Feb 11, 2020.

1. SaibaX

SaibaX Ensign

Hey guys, new to the forum but I've been enjoying the game quite a lot with my BF. Congrats and thank you for not only a great title but an Alpha game that has not been either a disappointment or mishandled. <3

Anyway, on topic.

I read through some of the expected features the devs posted they want to include. So here's my take on some interesting additions that may or may not suit everyone.

1. Skills/Blueprints
    I'd love to see a skill tree that affects your character. Like using alien DNA and other resources to augment your character's attributes and unlock perks affecting things like sprint speed or resistance to injuries. Maybe cybernetic implants that you find abroad can be implanted by a new medical device.

I don't mind the current system of unlocking blueprints but it feels almost too easy at times. It may not be a popular opinion but I think having to research for T2+ versions of things by scanning cores, having the blueprints drop rarely and feeding T2 items to a scanner machine would make sense. Especially if you want to have a dynamic economy that shows realistic supply and demand. T2+ anything should be valuable but it loses value when it's a snap to acquire without much effort.

2. Mods

More complex mods and more things that can take mods. I think Mass Effect Andromeda (for all its faults) had a pretty good modding system. Besides modding your armor to increase elemental dmg or weapons to add corrosive etc. You could also add armor penetration at the cost of range and flesh rending at the cost of armor penetration.

Along with this I think it's be cool to have mods specifically made for SV, HV and CS. Like boost CPU by 10% or increases mining yield by 5% And having these mods come in multiple tiers making Alien/Xeno raiding all the more important. Each mod would have to go into either the Core or another block that has to connect to the vehicle.

3. Base/HV/SV/CS/(SS?) Space Station Plz.
    The idea is a huge structure that is stationary minus a warpcore. Have specific locations on the orbital map that are designated for space stations. These can be trade hubs, repair docks, clan HQs or forward bases. I know the idea might be a bit redundant but it does make sense for those that would prefer to live off-planet but not use the CV as a home. Just an idea.

2. Average

Average Commander

You can make space stations. Just use a BA starter block while in space. Or there are a couple of default prefabs that are space stations (F2, select BAs). Or, download something like this from the workshop, restart Empyrion and use that from F2:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1987546190

Opinions on what you call vehicle mods are mixed. Some people like the idea, others (me included) feel the variety should arise from what blocks you use, rather than an abstract statistic. There's several lengthy threads in suggestions at the moment if you want to get into it. It's a complex and not very pleasant debate imo, probably not worth getting into here, other than to say it gets discussed a lot.

3. SaibaX

SaibaX Ensign

I think a mix of both. If it's pretty mixed then perhaps there would be a good compromise. Im not suggesting that mods should take priority but rather be designed in a way that complements specific builds. I might join that convo if its constructive. Ive dealt with folks who couldnt add to a debate and just stuck with one side for the sake of being stubborn.

Also my bf literally just informed me that you can build a SS. xD I didn't realize that the Base starter had dual uses lol

4. Khazul

Khazul Captain

In SE I had a massive space station that was movable. It wasn't flyable as such (had minimal thrusters for positioning), but it did have jump drives so I could move it from one planets orbit to another. Basically the process was convert it to a ship (BA and CV can be cross converted as a game feature in SE), jump it, position it, turn it back into a base again which again makes it unmovable.

It would be great to see some equivalent of this capability of relocation of space stations in this. Maybe you have to scout first, make a way point, position the station ghost as if spawning it, fly back, give it loads of jump fuel and then jump it, so no actual flying of it involved. The game can already move entities.