My underground base dont build IN the ground !

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Mendozz, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Mendozz

Mendozz Ensign

Hello !
    All the problem is in the title ; when i build an underground base using a BP, my underground base dont build INSIDE the ground, stay OUT, ON ground.
    Is there something to adjust ?
    Thx for help...

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I did not try this, as evidently a base would be filled by terrain blocks if placed underground. You can try lowering your blueprint with page down, but I think some part of the base still has to emerge from the ground, else it gets pushed back on the surface. Maybe if the game detects "empty space" inside your blueprint it will not allow it underground.

To get a structure underground we have to place it via the playfield.yaml file, and the blueprint has to be set up with specific options (remove ground, how deep to sink in the ground, etc). We can also use filler blocks in creative to fill up spaces that would otherwise get "emptied" by the game's POI placement method : the ground is removed around the blueprint following a suqare shape that "contains" the whole structure.

Here is the "filler blocks" info thread :

https://empyriononline.com/threads/how-to-use-filler-blocks.47127/

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ok I just tried and I succeeded in putting a small base completely underground :

NewGame_3_2020-12-08_08-56-36.png
    I used the console to switch to god mode, then I went underground myself, and I lowered the blueprint with PageDown. Also notice the bottom part of the terrain "chunk" that is invisible (because I am inside it) : if your base goes lower than the bottom of this (lowest terrain elevation) then the game will refuse to spawn the base there.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's also dependent on server settings. There is a setting to prevent devices from being buried in the ground. If you are unable to lower a blueprint into the ground with the page down key it means one of two things:
    1. The ground level is too low. Try at a higher elevation.
    2. The server has it disabled. Contact your server admin.

5. Liang

Liang Captain

^This

Page up/down should be raising or lowering a BP. If it isnt, then it has been disabled.