My Voyage Begins!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by deej_tv, Aug 17, 2020.

1. deej_tv

deej_tv Ensign

Hey everyone! I'm Deej, or David if you'd rather!

I had no idea this game existed until it popped up in the steam update news after the 1.0 release with the sale. I jumped onto the store page and saw the intro video and then did some browsing of videos on youtube to see the gameplay, and I instantly fell in love with the concept.

The way it hit me was it was as if Rust and No Mans Sky had a baby. Having never played Space engineers, I couldn't draw that comparison straight away!

Either way, I played the single player for a few days, and even streamed it once or twice. My community showed a decent amount of interest, so I decided to stump up for a dedicated server for us all to be able to play together. Empyrion is now my main source of content, and the main game I'm playing for personal enjoyment too!

Little bit about me anyway to introduce myself. I'm from the UK and I turn 30 in a couple of days. I work as a software engineer, and in my spare time I like to stream and create content for Youtube, as well as go hiking with the dogs or cook up a storm in the kitchen!

Hope to meet some cool people with similar interest in both the game, and the things outside! I don't bite, so swing by and say hi!

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy the Game:)

deej_tv likes this.
  3. Annimar Telesh

Annimar Telesh Lieutenant

Enjoy the voyage, you'll find nice people to join you

deej_tv and Germanicus like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Welcome to the forum mate.
    If you have any questions then just ask. They are used to my noob questions and are very helpful.

How big is your Youtube channel? How many subscribers? If it's small (under 500) then post a link to it here, I'll give it a try. I like to give small channels a helping hand.

5. deej_tv

deej_tv Ensign

Good to know. I am still very much a noob when it comes to this game!

Yeah, I'm floating around 175 subs at the moment, I would have posted the link in my intro post, but I know some places frown on that kind of self promo. I actually have my first Empyrion video rendering as we speak! But yeah, you can find my stuff over here

Glad to know the people around here are helpful too. From a lot of the threads I've lurked through, it definitely seems to be the case. Looking forward to becoming part of the community!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone

byo13 and Spoon like this.
  6. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Welcome, there's a great community around here !

deej_tv likes this.
  7. deej_tv

deej_tv Ensign

Thank you! Its been lovely so far!