Need better signals

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by CatmanDoes, Jun 3, 2019.

1. CatmanDoes

CatmanDoes Lieutenant

So on the bridge of my CV I would like a screen and a light to show when the shield is up.

Yes I realise this shows up on the little HUD but for immersion would really like to wire in some additional visual aids. However all I can do with the Shield is forcibly turn it on and off. Please, would it be possible to make visible, the signals from this part of the menu?

Capture.PNG
    At the moment I can, for example control the shield, screen and lights from a Lever. However I press X and turn the shield on there's no (visible) signal I can use any logic on to control the screen/lights. It'd be fantastic to do this (some) with the other parts of the Control Panel menu.

2. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

agree also 3 other things i would like came to my mind:
    1. It would also be cool do be able to set a whole group under a signal that can be turned by a lever and not just bei a custom signal in the control menu.
    2. To have LCD, screens and flares switch between two lights when changing status. So a flare can be red when the signal is 0 and its green when the signal is 1.
    3. To have something like 3 flares or 3 lcd on one block so you can put several indicators on one block. specially in Ba/CV it's sometimes annoying when you "waste" a whole block for just one signal indicating flare.

Maverick241 and markis007 like this.
  3. Adonnay

Adonnay Lieutenant

I think regarding signals we're missing a little detail in before actually adding new signals:

Make the switches actually follow the state of the triggered object. If you set up a switch on the wall to lower a ramp but you lower the ramp manually the switch is still in the off position. This makes me avoid switches like the plague because I often forgot that I set up a switch for a certain device and toggle it via the control panel. So basically make the "follow" setting work both ways or add a signal receiver to the switches (instead of on/off) so they can have their state set remotely via a signal.

The only other idea I have for now is: Have manual switches that can be set up to mirror the control panel options. This would be mostly for immersion pruposes where people don't want to use the control panel or can't/shouldn't (visitors could be enabled to switch the lights on and off but can't toggle the power).

Make switches within reach toggleable from within the seated position, whether it be a passenger seat or the (open) cockpit in a CV/HV/SV.

4. Nerd01

Nerd01 Lieutenant

We need this, it is hard to determine if the shield on sometimes. Especially when it is initiating.

5. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Nah that's easy to reckognize.
    If your vessel has only power for less than 1 hr despite having full tanks that would last for several days to come (usualy).

This said, I already buged Eleon (API) and Astic (mod) about supporting:
    1. PentaxidTank
    2. ShieldStatus

So we could do what you want to, having LCD's showing up info About either of the two.
    Oh yeah, it already Shows O2 and Fuel tanks info, and Eleon said they will not work on the API again any time soon.

Luckily, the next day I got told that they'll work on it (already, and he didnt see that Memo), so...
    The info on Shield Status is soon to come. :D

So ti will be possible, you'll just need to use a mod.

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. Nerd01

Nerd01 Lieutenant

My problem is more related to response time in an ambush. If you are attacked suddenly, when you push the shield button, for a brief time nothing happens. It stays red, and it is hard do focus on it under fire to see if it is flashing. So you doubt if you pushed the button correctly. But if I could link the shield generator to a screen, it could tell me if it is open or not.

And I dont want to rearrange layout and signal setup of my vehicles for a mod since I will have to change it back when Eleon change things. It takes time, which I dont have much. But according to you, at least they are on it so I can make do with what I got right now.