Need help with creating new item

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Alhira_K, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

Hello there.

I am currently trying to create a T2 warp drive for a better PE experience and although i already kinda succeded i am a perfectionist. After toying around and figuring out the basics on my own i am at a loss as to where to find my last answers. I hope somebody here can help me.

First step was to find a block id i could salvage, i used 332 labeled "ChildTest". I hope that wasn´t the first mistake already.

Code:
    { Block Id: 332, Name: ChildTest
      Material: metal
      Texture: 50
      ShowUser: No
    }
    I then simply copied the WarpDrive to this position, changed the id from 720 to 332, changed Name and IndexName to "WarpDriveT2". Further (but for my request irrelevant) changes were doubling the CPU and energy usage, adding 50% to mass, changing block color to be darker (after going almost white:rolleyes:), raising the ly range to 100 while raising pentaxid used to 2. (EDIT: Apparently changing the block color has no effect on its overall color scheme; what does it have an effect on then?)

Code:
    { +Block Id: 332, Name: WarpDriveT2
      Class: WarpDrive
      Group: cpgWarp
      IndexName: WarpDriveT2
      Material: metal
      Shape: ModelEntity
      ShowBlockName: true
      Model: @models/Blocks/Mothership/WarpDriveT1Prefab
      Mesh-Damage-1: Mesh/D0
      Mesh-Damage-2: Mesh/D1
      Mesh-Damage-3: Mesh/D2
      Mesh-Damage-4: Mesh/D3
      DropMeshfile: Entities/Misc/BagSmallPrefab
      Place: Free
      AllowPlacingAt: MS, display: true
      SizeInBlocks: "3,2,5", display: true
      SizeInBlocksLocked: "Base,MS"
      Volume: 4800, type: float, display: true, formatter: Liter
      Mass: 122200, type: float, display: true, formatter: Kilogram
      IsDuplicateable: false
      MaxCount: 1, type: int, display: true
      ForceMaxCount: true
      IsOxygenTight: false, display: true
      # ModelOffset: "0,0.5,0"
      # BlockColor: "26,50,89"
      StackSize: 250
      BlockColor: "60,60,60"
      Category: Devices
      Info: bkiWarpDrive, display: true
      EnergyIn: 50, type: int, display: true, formatter: Watt
      CPUIn: 80000, type: int, display: true

BlastParticleIndex: 4
      BlastRadius: 5
      BlastDamage: 500

ItemPerAU: PentaxidCrystal, display: true
      CostPerAU: 1, display: true
      CostPerLY: 2, display: true
      RangeAU: 50, display: true
      RangeLY: 100, display: true

Radiation: 25, display: RadiationLevel    # Radiation (= Radiation Protection) already exists for Player Armor
      Temperature: 40, display: true

UnlockCost: 50, display: true
      UnlockLevel: 25, display: true
      TechTreeParent: WarpDrive
      TechTreeNames: Capital Vessel
    }
    Now there are a few little quirks to work out which weren´t obvious to find in the config files, maybe they aren´t there at all.

- There is no icon. I wanted to use the normal warp drives icon as i wouldn´t know how to change it anyway.

- The name is displayed as WarpDriveT2 as stated in the config file. I would like to display it proper as "Warp Drive T2". Changing it inside the config files just gives a CoQ when loading the game and even reverting this makes the savegame unplayable. I suspected that beforehand but i had to test it.

- Where is "bkiWarpDrive" saved so i can edit this and create my own info for this item?

-For now the template uses PlatinOunce. I edited the loot table of the very rare alien containers and added
    Code:
    Name_18: PlatinOunce, param1: 0.01, param2: "1"
    I do have a single unit of this in my normal PE game so i have to have gotten it somehow. From a trader or maybe while deconstructing an abandoned factory? I cannot remember and the config files don´t help me in this regard either.

- I´d like to make it upgradeable. Looking at how it is done on shield generators i would just need to add the line
    Code:
    UpgradeTo: WarpDriveT2, display: true
    Correct?

- I´m able to place a T2 on a ship with a normal warp drive. How can i prevent this?

- Something i could test on my own but while i´m already opening a topic: i would like to change pentaxid usage to 1,5. How would the game handle this? Rounding or CoQ/crash?

- Something funny at last. Double clicking on the T2 warp drive in the tech tree seems to have unlocked it without even having the normal warp drive unlocked. The sound came up and when i unlocked the normal one the T2 just showed up as already unlocked.

EDIT: Ahahahaha after all i din´t create a working warp drive. But i guess there are some people who knew that already. Its buildable, placeable but when trying to jump it says i need a warp drive. So what do i need to change to make it a working one?
    EDIT2: Changing IndexName from WarpDriveT2 back to WarpDrive solved that problem. I just warped 99.1 ly using 199 pentaxid. Which could also give me an indication of setting pentaxid usage to a decimal number as the game seems to have rounded down in this case.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  2. Praxdra

Praxdra Ensign

the 2 warp drives should have the same parent item,
    in that parent item you force maxcount = 1

Alhira_K likes this.