Need some help with your server?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Keith Hovey, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

I have experience with a multitude of dedicated servers Including 7d2d, Minecraft, WOW Wrath Server Emulator using trinity core, Empyrion, Ark, and a few other random MMO and FPS Servers as well.

Need help with your private server? I can help you with...

*Configuring or helping you learn to use Empyrion Admin Helper, Playfield Designer, and a huge list of Other applications.
    *Yaml File Editing / Basic customization or modifications
    *Planet / Playfield creation
    *Custom Events
    *Temporary Professional In Game Administration
    *Galaxy Creation
    *Links and Research
    *Community Management using Concrete5, Wordpress, Enjin, and PHPBB (Hosting with godaddy, Dreamhost, Hostgator).

Ive been offering this for a few months now and have had some decent success with it (I get requests daily now). I figured I would make the offer public should anyone else be interested in the help since Im currently working from home full time at the moment.

Connect to our discord FIRST here to make sure that I can actually help you (once in a while I get crazy requests) - CLICK HERE

Talk to my admins and my community. Check out the website. Log onto a server or two!

Speak With Chilimeat in our discord!

What do i ask for in return? Make a donation to our community! Doesnt matter if its just a dollar or maybe a little bit more!

All donations are processed via paypal and go to helping pay for our community, better hardware for our server cluster, and my time!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. statingthread50

statingthread50 Ensign

this guy is a genius!!! he was able to help me fix my problems with my dedicated server within minutes!!!!!!!!!! (Master Yoda)

3. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

I'd like to point out that every penny of the donations goes back into the gaming community.

Keith is nothing if not committed.

4. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

oh and if you have really cool ideas we can steal, I mean duplicate with consent, that counts as a donation :)

5. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I need help configuring a banned list in my adminconfig.yaml

My Elevated list is set up and works as it should, but the instructions in the example file are pretty weak when it comes to explaining the creation of a Banned list! Do you know how I should format this list? What number should I put for 'Until' if "when hell freezes over" isn't actually an option? lol

Thank you in advance! :)

6. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Use the ban command in game to verify formatting and gain an example in your file. Once you ban an id, it can easily be unbanned as well. So... ban 1234567890 1024m hahhaahahha. 85 years should be close enough to "When Hell Freezes Over"

So for example...

Code:
    Banned:
    - Id: 76561198171910825
      Until: 2102-08-06T19:52:39.8488683-04:00

Would be what I ended up with the first time i did a ban. The first 4 digits are the year hahahaha. Now i just copy it for players. I can definitely say that in 85 years i wont be running this server any more lol.

As always if you appreciate the help Drop us a donation @ https://unknownskies.net/shop/ even if it is just a Dollar or two! Site is secured and all transactions are processed by paypal :) Every dime goes towards our community and its development.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  7. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Updated our web page, changed my post a bit.

8. Koraxbear

Koraxbear Ensign

Came into your discord earlier but everyone was in AFK, been trying to get admin setup on the server I've done the adminconfig file in the relevant save game, stuck in my steam64ID and it refuses to reconise me in game. Below is the current config

Code:
    # Admin Configuration

# This file can contain two lists: one with elevated players with special permissions
    # and one with banned players.

# 'Id' is a SteamID64 in both lists, lookup possible at https://steamid.io/
    # 'Permission' is 3 for 'GameMaster', 6 for 'Moderator' and 9 for 'Admin' - other values are not allowed.
    # 'Until' is the time when the ban ends.

Elevated:
    - Id: 76561197973220100
      Permission: 9
    - Id: 00000000000000000
      Permission: 6
    - Id: 00000000000000000
      Permission: 3

Any idea how to fix?

9. Jackall

Jackall Commander

I'd like to make an appointment with you this weekend. We are having a few issues I need clarified. I'm willing to donate for your time.

Let me know if you are available.

Thanks,
    Roc/Jack

10. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Do you have access to empyrion admin helper? Asking because it simplifies things...

Code:
    allowed.
    # 'Until' is the time when the ban ends.

Elevated:
    - Id: 76561197973220100  <--  Should be your User ID
      Permission: 9                              <--  Should be highest perm level

Double check that your ID is correct and that its in the right place (should be but double check anyways)!

Do not put anything else in there!!  THOSE two lines should be all thats required!.  Double check spacing and such as well.    Small things can really botch up YAML files.  

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  11. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

I can be available. Have a time in mind?

12. Koraxbear

Koraxbear Ensign

I did not but it does not matter now, found that I was using the right file....in the wrong place, but thanks anyway

13. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

No problem :) Glad you figured it out!

14. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Pretty cool 'service' to offer the server admins. Even I run into issues with random things sometimes. You might get a PM from me in the future. :)

15. Jackall

Jackall Commander

We will be getting our list together and getting back with you this weekend some time. Thanks for the help the other day.

16. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Its no trouble :) When you guys get your list together I will be here!

17. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

We experiment a lot so I know how that goes. That and with a real lack of documentation it makes managing the server require quite a bit of trial and error until you get a feel for its limitations. You should have seen me getting the galaxy to orbit on a daily basis hahahaha. That was fun.

stimdealer0001 likes this.
  18. _Vyrus_

_Vyrus_ Lieutenant

I don't know if you're still around after a year, but if so I could really use some mentoring. I have never rented a game server before, much less set one up so I'm literally starting as a complete noob. I have discord/steam and though I don't have a lot I would be happy to shoot a donation to you guys for the help as I haven't been able to find a fun MP server setup yet for myself but I see a bunch of servers running different settings which, when combined, would make a server which satisfies what I'm looking for. If I'm too late to the party, I understand. :)

Mortlath likes this.
  19. Ninjahunter

Ninjahunter Ensign

I am new to running a Empyrion GS Server and i would like to learn More about how to Manage and run this server and how to do more with my server... I am Pretty Proficient in running servers in other games but this one is more challenging than the others... if i can learn from you guys please let me know

Keith Hovey likes this.
  20. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

I am still around :) Join our discord and hit me up! Im there every day! https://discord.gg/cE9W6H7