CURRENTLY not reproducible negative solar energy

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by Soyaro, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 944698

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No (Custom Scenario made with SolarSystemGenerator, click to download)

Reproducibility: always (at least on that planet)
    Severity: Minor

Type: Solar Energy

Summary: The solar array doesn't provide but consume energy under certain circumstances

Description: in a custom scenario I found a planet where solar energy is so low it does actually consume energy.

Steps to Reproduce: Probably the only Step: Build a solar-powered device on an ice planet in a larger solar system.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Here's a save where I'm in front of 3 different devices that do have the problem.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I am afraid i cannot load the savegame at all.
    May i ask when you started the attached saveagme the first time?

3. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

in 9.2.1, almost 2 weeks ago. I'm using it as a testworld for things I'm planning to do on my server - there run's the same scenario. I'll try to reproduce the problem with a newer version.
    And because I linked the scenario you could try that too. Planets/Playfields name is 'Inganis', it's connected to the same asteroid field as the arid starter.

4. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

okay, can't seem to reproduce it right now. But I noticed I do have better weather conditions than when I noticed the problem. I'll keep an eye on this and will update my report as soon as it happens again

5. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Thx! Please feel free to add new findings right away.

6. Zeellott

Zeellott Lieutenant

I have the same thing happening on 2 different snow planets at night on 2 different scenarios. One of the scenarios is a custom one I made, the other is the M32 planet start from Invader vs Defender. This just started happening in both my games since patch 9.3. It will drain the batts then the fuel super fast. The only way to stop it is removing the panels and waiting for sunlight. upload_2019-2-11_21-19-55.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  7. Zeellott

Zeellott Lieutenant

OK removing the solar panels doesn't actually stop the fuel drain, the consumption value got jacked up to 6 times what it should be and doesn't reset to what its supposed to be after removing them. I have even restarted the game and my consumption wont reset back.

8. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Ensign

I just set up my solar furnace base on a snow planet where sun is southwards (usually it's north) and got this problem. Negative power figures, no lights on the solar panels and the capacitor will not stay active.

This is a standard survival game started and only played in 9.5 with no mods. I will happily provide the savegame if you want one.

9. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Yes please.

10. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Ensign

I just prepared to upload by zipping the save and unfortunately your forums say the file is too large at 33Mb.

How should I go about providing the save to you?