New Alpha 8 Scenario- Epsilon Rho

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Zeellott, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Zeellott

Zeellott Lieutenant

Hey guys, I have made a custom scenario for my MP server with a hard planet, medium vanilla planet and a care bear planet start. All based on Alpha 8. It will also work for SP. Its a little over 100 playfields in size. All yamls are static for the seed that they where made for so the geography will stay the same regardless of seed selected. Not a big deal for a server. It may need more resource deposits on some of the mid-end game planets. let me know and I can update it. I didn't have time to test endgame mining in MP with it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1408689158

Mia, Na_Palm and Its Just Steve like this.
  2. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Started this last night with you guys. Level 12 and still no Silicon to be found.
    Thank shiva for crushed stone and rare Ore rocks.
    (Started on medium)

Zeellott likes this.
  3. Zeellott

Zeellott Lieutenant

Ok thanks Steve, I will increase the amount of deposits and update the scenario asap. Oh btw if you find the wreckage, you will find some. The pod usually drops about 2k away from it but it hardly ever drops in the start biome. Last time I tested the med start it dropped me 2.2k to the west of the wreckage and I got luky and headed east and found it. Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Its Just Steve likes this.
  4. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

To be fair though, I have about THE worst possible luck.

5. Tryst

Tryst Captain

Nice Omicron copy but would be nice without a base to start in and starting with an escape capsule just like the original Omicron start. Then it would be perfect IMO.

6. Zeellott

Zeellott Lieutenant

That is fairly easy to do. I had it like that originally but there weren't any deposits spawning nearby at all. Made the start very hard.

7. Tryst

Tryst Captain

Deposits are not really an issue, you can easily move to find them and surface rocks provide resources for a motorbike to make moving around a lot faster. If it comes to it, spawn the player with a motorbike or just the kit for one as with the original 6.0 start so they don't have to wait until they reach the required level.

8. Zeellott

Zeellott Lieutenant

Sounds like a new hard starter to add! Tell you the truth I was already looking at making a couple more hard starters for the scenario, smaller too. Ill do a drop pod for both. One will be Desert closer to Omi like, and one will be Frost similar to Ningues. Ill try to get those added this week. Thanks for the input, it will help with the construction. Cheers!

9. Tryst

Tryst Captain

Great I look forward to it, it would be really nice if the Omicron start had the same resources and flora/fauna of the original Omicron. From my point of view, it was absolutely the right balance of food sources, dangers and survival difficulty.

Please note that an Emergency O2 generator and a couple of power cells to power it would be required since you can't be certain to get Promethium quickly before your O2 runs out. That was the problem I had with the player made scenario called "The Martian", it had an Emergency O2 generator but no power cells for it so I constinually ran out of O2 trying to find Promethium to power it. Even if I found some Promethium, it was level 3 before a survival constructor could be made to create the power cells and breaking rocks doesn't get you there fast enough.

10. shinooni

shinooni Ensign

Hi Zeellott,
    Trying to use this scenario in a dedicated server environment. However when trying to connect it either endlessly tries connecting or eventually gets a timeout.
    I have created a separate thread about the issue.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/scenario-server-connection-problems.38488/
    Any help would be appreciated greatly
    Looking forward to the community replies.

11. Zoriah

Zoriah Ensign

As far as I know the Emergency O2 generator takes biofuel as well as promethium fuel cells. I even fueled my first HV with biofuel (didn't know what the fuel cells were for initially LoL). So as long as there is access to wood logs or plant fiber, you can power the Emergency O2 generator until you get more resources.

12. Tryst

Tryst Captain

Unless you have a portable constructor, which really makes the suit constructor pointless, you still have to wait until you get to lvl3 to build one and then make the biofuel. Biofuel can't be made in the suit constuctor, neither can Promethium power cells. Either way, you have to claw your way up to lvl3 in order to power the EOG.

Since the EOG is easy to build and available almost immediately in the suit constructor, it's a bit of an oversight not to have a means of making power for it from the suit constructor as well. It may as well be taken out of the suit constructor and put in only as a portable constructor item. the ONLY way to have power before that is to have a couple of power cells, (presumably, excess fuel taken from the escape pods fuel tank).