Known Issue new assets hitbox/painting problems

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by Pear78, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

I love that there is new assets coming out so often, but: pls make their hitboxes so that we can paint what is under them! this goes for a lot of assets, devices, blocks.
    Ive picked a screenshot with a very obvious one where I couldnt apply grey paint.
    If only possible on the corners of the tiles, that would be great already.

Attached Files:

Inappropriate and Frigidman like this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I couldnt agree more. Every new model, either a new addition or rework of an old one, MUST COME WITH a proper new hitbox! It should never get pushed live until the hitbox matches (not like its a difficult thing to do either).

Its so frustrating to try to texture/paint around so many of these blocks. Sooo frustrating.

Pear78 likes this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you check the box to "texture complete Block" you can texture even those areas covered by other hit boxes or cubes. Then un-check it and texture the remaining faces as you wish. No real need to change anything;).

4. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

that's a work around, I am off course aware of ways to work around this, but this means double work..
    if you only want to apply paint on 1 side of the block.. or texturing and painting.. 4 times the work if you only want one side with a paint or texture!

Frigidman likes this.
  5. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

heres another one, lots of the newly modelled devices have the same issue.

Attached Files:

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Hope for a change, if you wish. If they don't change it, well...;)

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You have to be kidding.

Most cases the blocks have 1 exposed surface, which is what is showing under bad-hitbox device blocks. There is no way to shoot another side.

This is exceptionally the case when dealing with those blastid NPC Spawners you put on a floor. Rarely if ever is the floor block exposed on any other side.

Lastly, its ugly design work to have a bunch of hidden faces all random colors and textures. A good builder makes sure that unexposed surfaces look right when they become exposed through damage or dismantling ;)

Something I actually asked the devs for, was a way to 'mass-paint/texture' all "hidden surfaces" of a structure to something that resembles random wiring/machinery. So that when damage and dismantling happen... the newly exposed surfaces look properly 'exposed' :D

Pach likes this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I see your point.
    On the other hand....If he would build in Survival I would say "Oh, hell, yeah! He's right!" But no, look! Its in Creative. Here you don't loose material, just patience;)