New Patch Bugged Cockpits

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Heli_Professor, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Heli_Professor

Heli_Professor Ensign

Whatever the new patch that just came out messed up my cockpits in all my ships. The way you exit the cockpit now glitches you inside your ship. I recreated the cockpit layout separately from my ship and when I exit the cockpit it sling shots me about 40 meters away from the ship to the right. I think the cockpits are bugged now, and I hope the developers do something to fix the cockpits to change them back.

2. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I’ve had a couple designs invalidated due to a change that causes you to exit the seat to the left.

This, as I understand, was an intentional change to fix an exploit of some undisclosed nature.

I have, however, run into a “old friend” glitch that is still just as hilarious:

When dismounting a motorcycle under indeterminate conditions, I have been catapulted into orbit (loading transition and all) at inconceivable velocities.

I’ve also had similar instances involving an open cockpit HV, though I’ve not reached the same heights or velocities.

I suspect this to have something to do with Unity physics. A great deal of momentum gets stored in our buns, and when loosed from our seats that momentum propels us skyward.

It doesn’t happen often enough that I’ve been able to catch it on video, but sooner or later I will, and I’ll dub in a good “weee!” To go with it.

3. notmanhattan

notmanhattan Lieutenant

This is a result of them trying to prevent people from using internal cockpits (for some reason)

First they made it so the cockpit always put you above where the cockpit was instead of where you entered it from, which just made it much more annoying to use HVs/SVs and made it stupidly easy to clip through things.

Then people figured out they could just use the 2 block tall cockpits in a 3 block tall space and it would leave the player clipped into the cockpit so they could just walk out the back of it to make cockpits less painful to use. However, eleon didn't like people building creatively to get around problems so instead decided to make it to where cockpits have obnoxious collisions, meaning that if you place your cockpit to close to things or park at a weird angle you'll either be killed instantly from fall damage or flung away at high speeds.