New to the game? Want Easy Experience & Rare Ores Early game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chief_Rockie, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Chief_Rockie

Chief_Rockie Commander

What's up everyone! I know the title of this is a bit click baity, but I want to make this known to the masses to assist with new players' game play experience. Now, what I’m talking about is hunting down Golems. This is an easier way to gain XP and a few Common, Uncommon and Rare Ores in the process.

Now, Golems can be found on every starting planet type. However, some can be a little more difficult to find than others. I have created a video with all the data collected from where to find them and what they drop and Including some behaviors of the Golems. But, if you don’t have time to watch, I will at least list the biomes of each planet type and the rarity rate at which you can locate Golems. Happy Golem hunting all!

**IMPORTANT Information I just learned. Golems will re-spawn in the same location you first found them**

**This is not the only or the most exclusive way to gain experience or rare ores. But a fun and easy way to do both early game that does not involve attacking POI, mining or purchasing items.**

Temperate Start Golem Spawns
    -Ice Golems
    -Polar Snow Biomes
    -Rate of 3, Very Rare

Swamp Start Golem Spawns
    -Swamp Golems
    -Swamps, Marshes, Alien Swamp, Swamp Edge and Large Craters
    -Rate of 15, Uncommon

-Desert Golems
    -Nest(eggs all the way up to large) and Artifacts
    - Rate of 1, Ultra Rare

Arid Start Golem Spawns
    -Desert Golems
    -Deserts, Dunes, Sand and Rocks
    -Rate of 5, Rare

Ice Planet Start Golem Spawns
    -Ice Golems
    -High Mountains
    -Rate of 5, Rare

-Glacier Hills, Ice Self, Low Mountains and Mountains
    -Rate of 3, Very Rare

-Tundra
    -Rate of 1, Ultra Rare

Follow me on Youtube:
    @ www.youtube.com/Chief_Rockie

Join My Discord Channel:
    Discord: https://discord.gg/g4B2hGb

Chief_Rockie's Discord:
    Discord @Chief_Rockie#4927

Chief_Rockie’s Steam:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Chief_Rockie/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Stampy, Thor'sHammer and Spoon like this.
  2. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Hey!
    I thought this was pretty cool, so I decided since I was still on the Starter (Temperate), re-running the new 1.5 storyline, I'd give this a shot.

I loved Golem hunting on the Ice Worlds, and got lots of loot that way when I played that as a Starter, but IDK that they were on the Temperate planets as well.

Just for fun, I cruised the Snow belt just between the Tundra and the Polar Snow regions (for you n00bs, that's the area with evergreens and not much else, on the Temperate planet it's a very thin Biome). You'll see trees, some plants, a few White Slimes and a bunch of dinosaurs, oh; and the occasional Golem.

I started at one point and did a full search covering the entire northern region, and, to my surprise, there WERE Golems there! After following it 'round the globe, I found five (5!) whole Golems. Woot. I marked the locations on the map as I found them, so I could check back to see if they re-spawned.

I then repeated that long BORING journey around the Southern Snow zone and found ... Z-E-R-O Golems, but did find a bunch of large Arachnids (same loot as a Spider). I returned up north to check for re-spawned ones but there weren't any to be found. Maybe they respawn on a longer cycle or in different locations, but I checked and found none.

Now, if you're desperate enough, feel free to track them down, but personally I'd say it's not worth the effort. My trip was more difficult since my HV was a long ways off so I did it in my SV, and 20-50 meters off the ground zipping around trees back and forth is brutal. Use an HV.
    Here's a snipped screenshot of my total loot:
    [​IMG]
    upload_2021-6-25_16-22-17.png
    It was fun to do as a confirmation, and it's cool they exist, but on a Temperate planet it's a giant time suck (I did have fun for Science sake).

IMHO ...
    Cheers!

Chief_Rockie likes this.
  3. Chief_Rockie

Chief_Rockie Commander

@Thor'sHammer , I'm glad you found this inspiring enough to start up a new game to validate the claims. To address the Southern Pole area, to be honest, I only glanced there and did inspect it to well. However, the .YAML files on both temperate planets did not distinguish between north or southern Polar Snow areas. I'm going to add this to the forum posts and video description as additional information. Thank you for looking at that.

I also agree that just farming Golems is not the best way to gain experience and ores. However, knowing the locations of were you can spot them more often, you can farm resources and XP around those areas for bonus points. Again, I stated in post and video that this is not the sole and most exclusive way of gaining rare ores or XP.

Anyways, thank you very much for the view and the comments with the additional information I can add for future players to empyrion.

Thor'sHammer likes this.
  4. Chief_Rockie

Chief_Rockie Commander

Thor'sHammer likes this.
  5. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

It is! After 1600 hours this game continues to amaze me with it's incredible depth. I'm sure the "regulars" on the Forum as well as many silent voices agree.

We often hear of complaints "it is missing THIS" or "it doesn't do THAT" or the ever popular "Why the heck haven't they fixed {insert your favorite pet peeve} after all this time??!!?!" But it truly is an amazing and deep game by a small dedicated group of Devs.

I've still yet to play MP, Project Eden or venture into the world of Reforged Galaxy, yet every time I wander off for a break and try other games, I always find myself using EGS as the yardstick. For example, I tried Satisfactory and although it's fun, and the world is huge, there's no driving storyline, it's just building, building, and more building. Back to ESG I ran! :)

6. Milarwen

Milarwen Lieutenant

It is a good tip but you also need a reliable weapon for these mobs. They can be quite fierce if you meet them unprepared. Always back away while blasting a shotty and you should be fine. Although one hit from them can damage you quite severely. A have never encountered golems on temperate planets, but maybe they spawn now? I moved beyond the obvious now and usually start on arid or swamp planets.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Thor'sHammer likes this.
  7. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Yep, they be fierce closeup, especially beginning game. Shoot and run like hell ...

Currently I'm cruising around the snow planet with HIGHLY modified Dart SV waiting for some rares to upgrade to a real SV. I put two 15mm turrets on it and I don't have any problems taking them down before I even land. Same with Drones guarding ores and POI's. But on foot with only small weapons ... that's another story.

Swamp planets. At night. Pistol only. Chills up my spine. Better be happy with respawning ... :eek::D