New Tutorial

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Paulista, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Paulista

Paulista Ensign

I've been playing the new tutorial missions (available at the main menu screen), and even an experienced player will enjoy its story. It is, in fact, a short scenario with a tutorial attached to it. It's a good work, but can always improve. I was hoping for a space battle between factions with several CV's and SV's, perhaps a narrow escape from Zirax fleet. Is possible to have allied CV's and SV's fighting Zirax? Can the actors move around in a specific route, or even shoot Zirax troops?

2. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

All most finished with the tutorial and have a couple of comments.

Possibly change the title from "Start Tutorial" to something like "Tutorial Scenario" or "Tutorial Mission", what ever.

The tutorial is too long to be just a tutorial, it is more like a minigame with tutorial notes and missions added. I'm not sure why tutorial notes were not added to the game with a switch to turn the tutorial notes on off, like a lot of other games.

Also playing dirty tricks, like placing a teleporter then damaging your generator, instead of giving the teleporter with an explanation that it will overload your generator is a teaching method deemed immature years ago.

With all the setup to fail plots to overcome in this tutorial ex; exiting opposite side of planet, relentless enemy ship (easy for us but a noobe will be killed every time they try to look up stuff in the PDA), it would seem why not just go through the same frustration by playing the game itself with tutorial notes added with a switch to turn them on/off?

I'm somewhat of a veteran player and I have to say the tutorial left a bad taste, to many "oh fail at this so you see what happens moments", not the best teaching method if you want someone to respect you after.

Example: "Hey go touch that burner", "Yep...hot isn't ?"

Before anyone gets their p---ies in a bunch, these are just my personal opinions and suggestions. Feel free to ignore them if you want.

CoQ seems to happen a little too often.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  3. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

Started the tutorial to try it out, and when I was told to craft an energy bar, after the energy bar finished crafting, some message flashed on the HUD for a split second before the next message appeared.

The first message should persist for a few seconds. I assume it was related to removing an item from the suit constructor, so it should wait until the suit constructor is emptied.

Kassonnade likes this.
  4. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

When hovering over the Zirax Empire HUD part, only 'tipTerrainInfo' is displayed.
    [​IMG]

Kassonnade likes this.
  5. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

The personal cargo box only had 2 iron ore. 3 are required to craft the personal constructor.