Known Issue no animation while constructing items

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by SpaceFlyer, Nov 26, 2020.

1. SpaceFlyer

SpaceFlyer Ensign

Build: v1.2 3129
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: SEED-ID 877763

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: very often (for me)
    Severity: confusing

Type: Global

Summary: no animation while constructing items

Description:

when opening the constructor, or the food constructor later in the video, it seems the production has stopped. its very confusing.
    it seems it happens more often if i open the output crate and the construtor right afterwards.

mr_road likes this.
  2. Khaleg

Khaleg Commander

Yes, this is happening to me too, is like if the time of construction does not progresses if you are not inside the interface of the constructor. When entering again in the interface, the progress continues, but after a "big" delay.

Normally, if you enter to the constructor, go out and enter again, the progress continues immediately, this is the behavior that I have seen from the beginning.

I suppose that the construction times are not consistent when you are crafting in the background and not being inside the constructor interface.

I am gaming in single player, so I think it is not related to any server configuration, problem, or connection.

3. Andipro

Andipro Lieutenant

This kind of small graphical bug happens to me since more than 1 year. Its a graphical glitch only but its anoying. If you re-enter a second time into the construction screen, it shows the correct animated yellow progress circle.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  4. SirDuke

SirDuke Ensign

Yep, it´s just a graphical issue.
    The constructor is still working as usual.
    You can force to "update" you animation, by putting something in the queue (or deleting something from it).
    Then you will have the correct remaining time back.

byo13 likes this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Known issue.. sometimes it happens more frequent, sometimes not at all.. hard to track down as a real usecase is missing...

Andipro likes this.
  6. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Build: v1.5.3 3390
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 59757

If Applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: UI Progress Update Error

Summary: Progress Bar in Constructor Shows Completed or Empty When Construction Not Complete

Description: Progress Bar in Constructor Shows Completed or Empty When Construction Not Complete

Steps to Reproduce: Press 'P' to open a CV's panel. Click Devices tab and open the Large or Advanced Constructor (haven't tested on survival, portable, or small but assuming they'll have same problem). Hold Ctrl and Shift, and click on Promethium Pellets to start creating 1000 Promethium Pellets. Watch the progress bar moving to ensure they start creating. Close constructor. Open constructor the same way. For the current pellet being created, the progress bar is either empty or full, but the pellet is not yet constructed and the progress bar doesn't move. Wait until it completes. The progress bar will start working again on the next pellet. I've been able to reproduce the bug with other resources like copper bars or iron bars. Items that take longer to create do not seem to be affected by this bug.

Note: You may need to close and open the constructor a few times before you see the bug clearly.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, and other Relevant Information or Download links: