No Optical (T3-T4) CPU parts for sale in Start Space station. Bug, or me?

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by SLI_Fallen, Nov 5, 2019.

1. SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen Lieutenant

The 10.6 announcement post specifically pointed out the T3 & T4 CPU components could be found in POI's or in the start system space station. They are not (in the station). At least none that I can find from any of the traders there.

Am I missing something, or can anyone confirm same so I can then properly report it as a bug.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Do you have a multiple level Space Station with a stair Case in the center?
    If yes, have you looked into the Conference Room to the Trader there? May be that is the one. I don't know.Sorry.

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Whenever you have questions like this and want to really see how things are use console command 'god'mode' and try to fly search fast what you are looking for. also command 'map' will show you on the map all the space stations and you will check if there is another one.

If you think it is a bug make a bug report.

But first things first, you give no information regarding the game you place like if it is a game started after A10.6 or resumed from previous or if yo uplay scenarion , or SP or MP game etc. Nobody that is going to read you is in you room next to you where you play the game to know this information . Always be thorough and specific with information here.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Germanicus likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Requires a new game in 10.6 to get the new traders.
    The trader is the quantum star trader located in the trade station in orbit of the starter planet.

Also 2 other traders have the parts, bertrams and servant corp, and they are located in most other trader stations and some civilian and Polaris planetary POIs.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen Lieutenant

-New 10.6 game. Survival SP

-It is the two level station with the stairs. (pad A and B outside on opposite ends) I cant get into the "conference room" upstairs as there is a lock code on the door and I don't know how to get it. (if it's a mission item I need to aquire, I should get info telling me so)

-I assure you NONE of those traders you mention have the items.

Germanicus and Myrmidon like this.
  6. SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen Lieutenant

New game AGAIN (2697) spent the minimum time needed (get friendly with Polaris, build a simple SV then used the destroyed SV in the minefield to warp to the space station. SAME PROBLEM exactly as before. *NO* trader is selling the CPU components, the "control room" I cant access because it says "other faction" for the door. (different station BTW this time too)

And I'm NOT using cheats to get past this. We are supposed to be TESTING this. So that is what I am doing. I must be missing something. I'm sure it's going to end up a smack the forehead moment, but at this juncture, it's frustrating as @#$%^

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Kronoss

Kronoss Captain

The guy is standing just outside the medical bay/trader on the first floor of the trading area. He is wearing white and gold. This is in the big red diamond trading station with 4 SV docking bays?

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Its in the orbit of the starter planet.

9. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

If you can manage to find it.
    I flew around my start planet orbit for 2 hours yesterday looking for it and I found nothing.
    Well, not nothing, I found one resource asteroid. Two hours of systematically searching the orbit and I found ONE resource asteroid and that's it.

Can we at least get a starter mission that gives us a waypoint to it or something? Please?!?

Oh, and once I found that one single resource asteroid it still didn't show up on the map. If I hadn't manually made a waypoint to get back to it then it would have been lost forever again. Please fix this (and yes, it's been bug reported multiple times)!

ravien_ff likes this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yup I think most trade stations should be visible on the map from much further away. And the asteroid map bug affects many other POIs too. :(

11. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Yes it does. It affects all things in orbit that you have to discover. None of them show up on the map after discovering them.
    They broke this a while ago and sadly it's still broken.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  12. fligmin

fligmin Ensign

Finding stuff in orbit is so hard I don't bother looking. Seems its something for down the road for me, OK if I find one by accident Sure I check it out. Other than the solo mission to find a ship there is no point - you just waste time. The whole orbit thing needs some kind of scanner like you have on the ground. Otherwise its a if you get lucky OK but Usually a waste of time. Best left for the future when the work on it more. It almost like your not suppose to bother yet or they would have given us a scanner.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  13. SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen Lieutenant

Someone posted on the steam forums (possibly here too) that once you warp to the station, type 0,0,0 in the coordinates to pin that spot, go there and the station is nearby. A pain, but as mentioned, it's a lot better than flying around for hours (and this station was over 14 miles away from where I warped into). NEVER would have found it otherwise.

Oh, and every station I am trying to buy this stuff (in the various game starts) *IS* the one in the starter system. 20191108213808_1.jpg (current game station)

No such trader exists.
    I have OkYMedical
    MarketCafe
    PaxPuragory
    MACorp
    InterWeap

That's it! 10.6.0.2697

14. fligmin

fligmin Ensign

Its in orbit of your starter planet. This really needs work BIG TIME.

15. SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen Lieutenant

Ok. So yes, the smack the forehead moment..it's on orbit of my starter PLANET..not my SYSTEM, you know, the one that SHOWS YOU A FREAKING SPACE STATION when you look?! No, that's not confusing at all.

No, you need to go to the one in orbit around your starter planet, that is not listed, nor marked in any way, other that you having to use a map cheat code to find. Right.

Smacks forehead …..again.

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's the wrong station. This is what the station looks like:
    20191108202748_1.jpg

It is NOT the station on the sector map that you have to warp to. The correct station will be in orbit around both Temperate starting planets and the Arid starting planet. It will be the only trade station in those orbits. It may be difficult to find since it only shows up on your map within 2500 meters.

Once you enter the station's central hub, go up the first set of stairs to the 2nd level:
    20191108202825_1.jpg

Then continue up the stairs to the 3rd level:
    20191108202851_1.jpg

The Quantum Star trader will be on the top floor of the central hub:
    20191108202919_1.jpg

He will sell the components needed to craft any CPU extender, though it is a bit pricey!

Note: if you are playing a custom scenario, the scenario author may have to update their scenario.

Germanicus and StyleBBQ like this.
  17. Coreador

Coreador Lieutenant

Agree we should totally fix the space map. I don't even bother anymore; I just use cheats to show map, mark interesting pois, and turn it back off so I can't see every move the Zirax make ( a small concession to being *less* cheaty). I don't want to cheat this, but there's no system that makes sense in place to make anything else playable.

I'm pretty sure even with current Earth tech we can make something that a ship in space can detect another large body at more than 2.5km.

SLI_Fallen likes this.
  18. SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen Lieutenant

In the developers defense, they *DID* mention in the 10.6 release notes about "possibly" making a mission or POI to this space station.

In my opinion, this has now become a CRITICAL point that needs to be addressed.

There have been posts about the starter orbit station not showing up, or being identified in any way, since at least 10.2 (that I personally found)

But with the new CPU mechanic, locating this station (since it's the ONLY place you can buy CPU components, other than the blind luck of finding any in a POI) has become vitally important. It needs to somehow be identified. ( if they really want us to still find it, at least make sure it just spawns (somewhat) near the Derelict ship or the minefield since that space mission already exists. Just SOME clue where to look. That's way better than wasting hours flying around aimlessly looking for it.

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  19. fligmin

fligmin Ensign

Agreed on the need for a mission to point to it but I also think the time has come that they NEED to address scanning to some degree in space. Orbit is becoming important. So should scanning of it.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can buy cpu components at bertrams and servant corp (forget the exact names).

Those traders are available on most planetary and orbital trade stations.

Germanicus likes this.