[Noob] Base Blueprint "contains forbidden block"

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Lord Ganjanoof, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Hello,

This is my first post so... first of all : hello :)

I got this error message in Survival mode while trying to spawn a blueprint I designed myself in Creative.
    It is marked red even in Creative mode (when saved). I've read what I could find by myself on the topic so I can say :

- it's been both created and unsuccessfully spawned in Alpha 12
    - there are no growing plots at all
    - general description : it's quite a basic base (Size 1 - Unlock level 7).

Any help welcome, I don't know if/how I can maybe 'publish' the thing to have it examined.

Thanks in advance,

Ganjanoof

2. Use the console command to see what illegal blocks you used.
    prefabinfo 'name of blueprint'

If the name is a single word then you don't need the single quotes around the name. If it has a space in the name then you need to use the single quotes. Don't forget capitalization in the blueprint name.

Maybe you used an NPC core, or maybe you used an alien device, or maybe it was a storage locker that is meant for POI's. There are quite a few things you could have used that you aren't allowed to use. Make sure you read the block descriptions carefully when building in creative, it should say something like "allowed in blueprint: False" for illegal blocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2020
    Spoon and Lord Ganjanoof like this.
  3. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

So many thanks ! I used a good-looking 'Personal Cargo Box' that is reported illegal.
    And... I'm already addict to this game. It's like Minecraft x Elite Dangerous. Lovely !!!

4. You're welcome. Yeah that block is used in POI's to give players a specified loot.

5. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Indeed and as good-looking as it is, it's a shame it's not allowed. Even for 250 units inside. Is there a poll already ? It's only a shape. Dev's should understand that the community might like something looking cool aside of internal tech talks... So, why is it forbidden ? From a customer's point of view, we don't give a sheep. So it is legal, period. Thanks for adding alrealdy !

Now you go beta, beta are even more stupid than I am, so make it legal !

6. lendarker

lendarker Lieutenant

Why isn't there a filter checkbox that is activated by default that filters out "forbidden" blocks? Or a mode switch from vehicle to POI or something. Seems intuitive to not let users run into issues like this in the first place.

7. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Play Reforged Eden or Galaxy- Vermillion substituted that model for the single locker in the tech decos, and things look so much better