NPC Spawners and settings

Discussion in 'Knowledge & Info' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    STATIC
    • When ticked, the spawner will release NPCs NO MATTER what the status of the base is (with/without core, activated or deactivated/no Power) without the TELEPORT effect.
    • When NOT ticked, the spawner will ONLY release NPCs when the base is powered

Default: ticked
    RESPAWN
    • When ticked, the spawner releases wave after wave of the setup NPCs UNTIL the spawner itself is destroyed/removed
    • When NOT ticked, the spawner only relases ONE wave of the setup NPCs

Default: unticked
    FACTION
    • Default: SAME AS BASE (any NPC spawne will inherit the POIs faction)
    • Other factions > can be used to build a POI that belongs to f.ex. Polaris, but as a mission develops Zirax NPC are spawned (those spawners can be set to ZIRAX then); Example POI: TOP Destillery, Talon Monument, Polaris Asteroid Mining (Uncertain Outcome)

Default: Same as Base
    Notes:
    - Do NOT use RESPAWN=TICKED when using the "transparent" NPC Spawns. Only use with the actual (old) 'Pads' a player can destroy!
    - To the right of the entity list on the spawner there is the LootID where you can choose what items that enemy spawned from the spawner drops. The container ID that they connect to can be found in Containers.ecf in your config folder.
    - Spawner set to STATIC will ignore signal logic. Uncheck that to have a spawner controlled via logic.
    - If POI has Faction None any type of Spawner will only work if the Static Option is selected, no matter if it has Core or not or if it is powered or not

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  2. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

If I spawn a human NPC as a guard and a spider or other predator outside for the civil POIs, will they fight each other?

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

No. Only legacy and non-legacy faction creatures will attack each other.
    You'd need to set both faction settings for the spawners for that to happen.

Jorgodan likes this.
  4. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

Hello guys, again the one with the many questions.

I am developing a POI that does not belong to any faction group and should be used civilly, in the neutral zones. All NPCs set with spwans are therefore generally friendly.
    I made a little spider cave on the area of the POI to get some action into the matter.
    When I set the spiders, they basically have the same faction as the base.
    It's very funny when I go to the cave, everyone just wants to play with me.

Which faction assignment do I have to choose for the spiders so that they also attack the player if he falls into the cave?

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Set the faction on the spawner to Predator. It will make the creatures hostile to the player.

Jorgodan likes this.