NPCs (creatures and drones)

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer Staff Member

• Developer
    What do you think about the current NPC (creatures and drones)?
    - Should there be more / less?
    - More / less powerful?
    - NPCs on each planet?
    - General importance of NPCs?
    - Other feedback?

THE_M3MER and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. DVD Player

DVD Player Ensign

Are you able to build your own drones to patrol your own bases?

iamhax, wllcapmax and Fellangel like this.
  3. MrSpades

MrSpades Lieutenant

I got attacked by a killer beast and ran out of bullets and died. That was epic. Now however, I found more bullets so next time.... hehe But great movement and sounds from AI so far.

4. o0Bram0o

o0Bram0o Ensign

Are those Giants still in the game, I really liked those. Maybe it would be cool if you have like bandits or something who can attack your base in groups. Or aliens who do that. And maybe of you make process in the game you can find inteligent life.

5. NMS_Alistair

NMS_Alistair Ensign

Thanks for scaring the crap out of me with that spider thingy, I got killed very fast. But the second time I found the spare bullets and I put up a good fight kiling him. The drones sometimes see you through walls, but so far they are good

6. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Aim for the head, there is more ammo in the crashed ship and in the cargo of the escape pod.

Early on use your jump pack when taking on enemies, this lets you put distance and land more shots while flying and while they close the distance. ((J to turn on/off your jump pack, can't run while it's on))

NMS_Alistair likes this.
  7. MrSpades

MrSpades Lieutenant

OMG those drones are for real. They can attack way too far IMO. Maybe turn down the distance they can shoot you since when we first start we can't shoot that far with the gear we have. Lost all my stuff :( I was on my way to a downed ship or whatever that huge thing is off in the distance.

Nymea and Eviscerator like this.
  8. Michael Robison

Michael Robison Ensign

Yeah, the drones seem a bit OP... super long range, pretty accurate and they follow you for a long time (making fleeing them very tough). I'd like to see them tones down a bit.

In general, I like the creatures on the starting planet. The flora and fauna and terrain really feel like an alien world, and I feel like I'm in serious trouble far from home. I feel as though I need to rush to get my stuff built before I starve or choke to death from lack of oxygen. The killer arachnid got me at first, too lol

I saw some triceratops dinosaurs -- not sure if it was a bug or intended, but I'd get rid of them. They kinda ruin the alien feeling of the starting planet IMO.

9. MrSpades

MrSpades Lieutenant

Agreed on the trike. I play a ton of ARK and it's fitting there. If they keep the Trike, make it look more alien like (what does that look like exactly, well not sure lol) But yes, nerf the drones please. Great flora agreed.

Eviscerator likes this.
  10. Axios

Axios Commander

Make the drones more powerful, theyre there guarding a large supply area. They need a higher rate of fire...

11. Axios

Axios Commander

Also, a larger abundance of unique animals would be great!

THE_M3MER and groo101 like this.
  12. airlynx99

airlynx99 Ensign

I actually enjoyed the drones, they provide a good fight and good reward. They scare the crap out of me if I don't get the drop on them. Maybe if I could sneak around them a little easier, they seem to have a bit of a search light effect going on at night which is awesome.

groo101 likes this.
  13. adt1979

adt1979 Ensign

I would ask you to remove the dinosaurs, add more strange alien wildlife instead and also improve the animation if possible.
    Unique, random, procedurally generated creatures would be the best thing ever if possible. We could travel to unknown planets and document the strange creatures that we find!

14. Cherriey

Cherriey Lieutenant

Currently I have only interacted with some odd two legged Dino things during the day. They were passive and an interesting thing to have (I look forward to domestication in the future) however they were able to knock my ship on its back. This may have been intentional based on the gravity but I'm unsure. If it was intentional I was not able to budge my ship(pod) in order to right it again. I feel a little jealous of these critters that are able to interact with their environment. Being able to jiggle plants if I hit them or right an upside down escape pod would be awesome.

15. Cherriey

Cherriey Lieutenant

I feel like if they did that (and I hope they do) they should also make sure that plant eaters are paired with specific vegetation so they can survive. Thematically speaking.

16. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

They seem to take a lot of bullets. I'm not sure if this is to demonstrate a thick hide from the dinosaurs, or if the game runs a 'high health' system (where everything can take a lot of abuse). If it's the latter, fair enough. I'd rather everything be tough than everything (player included) be squishy.

There appears to be locational damage, which is nice. Or at least, enemies appeared to take less hits when I shot them in certain locations (shooting creatures in the head, shooting drones in the weapon, etc).

Eviscerator likes this.
  17. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Dino's take more damage from head shot. A 9mm should be able to kill one in at least 15 shots. The drones have a weak point in the middle, right where the lights are. if you shoot there their it pushes them to point up. losing there targeting for a short time giving you time to unload on them.

o0Bram0o likes this.
  18. Silent_Ninja

Silent_Ninja Commander

from my experience, the Drones don't have a hitbox on their little helicopter wings. Which is unfortunate. Unless I was too long of a range away for my bullets to hit, which leads me to my next question.
    Bullets in this game are "hitscan", right?

Eviscerator likes this.
  19. Silent_Ninja

Silent_Ninja Commander

in my experience, the dinos (the small ones) can take roughly 6-10 headshots with the 9mm pistol.

20. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

The small one I don't have to count how many times I shoot them cause they run fro me and I don't care cause my heath bar is not at risk from them.