Official Eleon Server Rules

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Rule 1: be polite and respectful in global chat. Don't use bad (e.g.) vulgar words in your structures. Keep it English in global chat.

Rule 2:
    Section A.
    Legitimate PvP gameplay must grow the player base instead of shrinking it.
    New players need every chance to learn and thrive in the environment without being "seal clubbed" by more established and experienced players.
    Anything beyond a small T1 or T2 Starter Ship or ships that are, or appear fully gunned are exempt from this protection.
    Section B.
    sub 1. No Ammo draining (such as using a drone to draw fine and deplete ammo from a player structure)
    sub 2. No Offline Protection Abuse (Covered in rule 3),
    sub 3. No Warp Camping (Attacking someone within 1km of a warp in point)
    sub 4. No Impersonating another player or admin.
    sub 5. No exploiting bugs.
    sub 6. No behavior that harms server performance.​

Rule 3: you are NOT allowed to have private structures with Offline Protection installed! Make sure to always set structures with a Offline Protection Device to faction. Breaking this rule will lead to the loss of your structure(s)!

Rule 4: You are NOT allowed to build / spawn / fly your structures Inside of asteroids or Inside POIs and park them there (within the bounding box).

Rule 5: DO NOT build proximity alert decoys only with Flares or other Devices, which have a bad render distance. Make sure to use regular blocks for them. DO NOT change the center of your object by moving the core or other things away as well. The HUD marker needs to be directly bound to your object.

Rule 6: DO NOT place LandClaimDevices on a Base close to a POI so other players dont have access to this POI anymore.

Rule 7: Vessels (CV, SV, HV): Floating turrets, devices, blocks, or any combinations thereof are not permitted. All devices and blocks of a vessel must be attached one to the other.

Rule 8: NO bases are allowed to be build within 100 meters of a POI.

Rule 9: When you need Server Support you can write either a support ticket either by /support_ticket or at https://mantis.taelynshome.com/. Under NO circumstances send private message to the support staff with issues. We can't moderate issues in private.

In general:
    As soon as you enter the official servers you will find a nice community where everyone expect from you that you behave the same. If you disrupt this environment with obvious bad manner you will be punished!

Also keep in mind:
    • If you find anyone breaking a rule you have - I repeat - you have to make screenshots and / or a video of it and give a full context / details. We will just overread every single plain text accusation without the mentioned conditions. Period.
    • We help really as good as we can. But you can get even better help if you
      • provide your location ( EU or US )
      • your ingame name / faction tag
      • if needed your location (type "di" in console to get them)
      • if needed the structure id (type "di" in console to get them)
      • if needed general details like time, context, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2023
    JBHitman likes this.
  2. JBHitman

JBHitman Lieutenant

Awesome, thanks Rex!

3. PDXHAF

PDXHAF Ensign

Thanks, very nice. Nothing changed for civil folk. I was mainly afraid of being forbidden from building underground. =)

4. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

Question: When you say "offline protection abusement" does that mean taking advantage of the fact that player turrets wont shoot while offline protection is active and using that opening to build a base directly next to their shield with the intention of destroying the offline players base the moment they log in?

5. Runningwithhamster

Runningwithhamster Captain

Doesn't it seems like unfair advantge to you?

6. siuil bais

siuil bais Ensign

Im also curious about the "offline protection abusement" would that include having one person building a wall around an area with offline protection and than having another player build a base in the wall without protection so it has an impenetrable wall around it?

7. burnsr69

burnsr69 Ensign

nice thanks Rex

8. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

It does exactly but I just want to clarify what was meant. If someone builds on top of a resource on a PVP world I would consider this rule to not apply as they are controlling a specific resource and if they are never online at the same time you are you can never fight them for it. I would say this rule applies to bases not built within 600 meters of resources, but all bases within that range should be fair game.

Yes I say that even when I am using my own bases to defend key resources. I believe people should have a fair chance to fight for those key areas.

9. siuil bais

siuil bais Ensign

some pictures of the EVE faction No Sov player name Twchris13579 abusing offline protection (having it over resources, active bases in offline protected bases, on one side of the green barrier so you die as soon as you pass through and covering a majority of the planet) the pictures taken from a drone was a base with offline protection and a second base in that base with no offline protection and a ton of turrets that shot down my CV and i could do nothing to retaliate and has also build offline protection over the poi on pandora so no one else can raid it[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

Hahahaha how am I abusing anything when it is a PVP planet? There are no rules saying where we can or can not build bases. As I explained in another forum thread the reason I have my resources protected is because people keep destroying my autominers. So I built non offline protection bases to defend them, people simply drained the ammo from those bases then destroyed them (got that on video and the video is being uploaded now since someone complained), so finally I just built offline protection to protect my bases which are protecting my autominers.

As for the green wall thing, I just happen to have built my main base near the green wall, just fly higher to avoid running into my shield, you can only build 300 meters up from the ground anyways so as long as you aren't hugging the dirt you should be fine.

But heres the facts at the end of the day:

1: Offline protection only lasts 3 days, if I don't log in at least once every 3 days it turns off.
    2: Imagine how much time and fuel it takes to manage all that, again, if I don't keep on top of it everyday they turn off.
    3: We aren't even covering 5% of the planet, there are plenty of resources left open and unprotected
    4: If people would stop draining ammo from my bases when I am offline I wouldn't have to do this, but as it is currently there is no way for me to protect my stuff while offline, autominers are very worth protecting due to the limited number of cores available.
    5: Piddle specifically told me in chat when I was asking if JB was allowed to drop bases everywhere (which he did) that I myself was allowed to place as many bases as I wanted, he said I could even go so far as to drop 217 cores to prevent ANYONE else from building on the planet.

So please, don't come on here after trying every trick in the book to destroy my stuff and complain because I was smarter than you. Just wait for me to log in and then strike my bases normally and fairly. I've now killed 3 CVs and 2 BAs by fighting them while they were online, just ask FCF faction who came to Pandora yesterday and got kicked right off the planet. I'm 100% willing to fight you while you are online, you people don't want to fight me fairly and complain when I'm a better strategist than you.

Video proof of people draining my non offline protection bases ammo will be here once it is done uploading:
    Video should be uploaded in about 40 more minutes.

11. twchris13579

twchris13579 Lieutenant

Also, you may want to re-read my post directly above yours... I literally say when talking about using the fact the turrets wont shoot while offline protection is on to place arty bases to alpha strike them: "If someone builds on top of a resource on a PVP world I would consider this rule to not apply as they are controlling a specific resource and if they are never online at the same time you are you can never fight them for it. I would say this rule applies to bases not built within 600 meters of resources, but all bases within that range should be fair game.

Yes I say that even when I am using my own bases to defend key resources. I believe people should have a fair chance to fight for those key areas."

Instead of complaining about my tactic perhaps you should realize I AM ALSO COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. I think its stupid I have to do this to properly defend my stuff but until a better mechanic is put in place I don't see another way, unless you expect me to just keep losing autominers until I run out?

12. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hello all,

I'm back from vacation.

First of all: I will lock this topic. It wasn't meant as a discussion thread - it is just for your information. My bad.

To clarify some things:

This would be counted as offline protection abusements.
    I mean this is why HWS turned it off. OP currently cause more drama than it helps, but we decided to keep it online because the majority of people playing on the official servers are beginners / people just bought the game.
    Sure there are some veterans playing here but this gets sorted out more easily.

So again, building next to an OP just to blow the guy up as soon as he logs in, would be an abusement. But remember to have proofs if it happens.

a) it is not against the rules to protect your OP base with another base. You see the blue shield from far away. No need to say hi and touch it anyways.

b) building green walls is also a valid PvP strategy. We can't influence that the worlds are just 2D maps, created as a virtually 3D sphere. Basically all the time you fly through a green wall on PvP you have to expect this.

And once again "building a OP near deposit, POI, whatever, so I can't take it" is all counted as the mis-conception of OP, which get addressed in the future. There is a rework of the OP in progress.
    Till then a PvP planet is a PvP planet:
    only if everyone is online the fun can begin. Ah yeah... I hear the "combat logging" reports already... yes, I know but same as above...

Last but not least: Ammo draining. On HWS we have HWS Connect where you can see it on the website. If I have too much time I could build a webservice for the official servers also. But not in the near feature. For now we need a ping and check it manually.
    We can see it then.
    For example: you have no OP and you check your ammo boxes later, you see that they are empty (best case). Or if you have other proofs we can check.
    Ammo draining is still a tricky topic but from our experience we can see what is meant as PvP fight and what as ammo draining.

Hope I clarified everything.
    If you have rules reports > PM.
    If you have questions about it > Feedback.
    If you need general support > Get support.

JBHitman likes this.
  13. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Added a third rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.