Offline protection setting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Haokag, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Haokag

Haokag Ensign

Well, so my suggestion Is simple, ir a base Is inside the offline protection área, the turrest are automátically set off, theres no point in closing on an enemy área just to Find that ir can destroy u, but u cant dos anything about ir, safety should have a price

2. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Offline raiding is the lamest, most coward and the most stupid method ever introduced to gaming in general. Invented by nerds that would rather live in the game they have created than in the real world. The idea of a persistent game world that people need to stay online all the time is so fundamentally wrong from the start.

I agree with you that safety has to have a price. But i am talking about a players safety while the player is ONLINE. If they are not online they are technically NOT PLAYING, not playing means = no player, means: it is NOT PvP. If someone is not there to play (react, defend etc) nobody has to mess with their stuff, period.

I could rage a lot seeing those useless people talking about offline raiding in another game as some sort of being part of PvP while in reality it is not. Those people are just not able to PvP if they defend anything like the most stupid game mechanic in games history: offline raiding.

I agree that you need to notice that someones is not online before their base can shoot at you. But if nobody is there it is non of your business to mess with their stuff. The universe is big enough... go play elsewhere.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Haokag

Haokag Ensign

Im not saying i want to attack offline players, dont know where in my suggestion u got that idea.
    But if im traveling on a planet, and suddenlly get killed by some player base on the map, i want to be able to retrieve my backpack. If the base is not under offline protection i can work my way to destroy the turrets and be able to retrieve my stuff, whatever that challenge might be, thats why u get turrets on ur base......
    But if the offlineprotected base can shoot at pedestrians and explorers, and no one can do anything about it, then u better not go exploring cause u get a chance of loosing everything just because an offline player base is able to attack without getting attacked.
    Im in favor of Offline protection, i think is very valid to grant players their bases wont get attacked and they wont need to be online 24/7 just to seccure their resourses, but the protection should be both ways. You get protection and can´t be attacked, but u cant attack either

4. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Destroying Turrets that are build on a base just to get the stuff you had on you back? This just sounds like a little out of proportion for me.

Right now i don't see any problem with it. If you pay just a little attention, you see any base easily before it fires on you. And i think since some patch they changed it that you see the offline protection shield from a range before turrets are even able to fire at you. So if you get shot down by a base that is offline protected it is clearly your own fault for not paying attention to your surroundings.

The problems with a base NOT being able to shoot while offline protected is that it is way to easy to abuse it. And that is worse way more than the "abuse" of offline protection. Simply by building offline protected bases in with gun turrets that you activate when the player/players come online. And if the turrets wouldn't have unlimited ammo you could just build a bullet sponge to dry those turrets to destroy the base when the owner comes online without any effort.
    The reason why offline protection for a base is beat done this way is because one thing: A base can't move.
    You can hide your base, but once found by a player it is sitting there. A hidden CV in outer space can move once found (offline protected without unlimited ammo and shooting turrets) so if you find one you probably won't find it there when you get online again.

By the way, that is also a reason you have the strongest armor on bases PLUS the most powerful turrets on a planets surface.... because they can't move from the place they are. And bases should be strongholds and not easy targets. A reasonable sized base should take real war efforts to break in and even more to completely destroy, and not a single SV/HV and half an hour of time.