PLZ Retest and Re-Report On foot combat feedback wrong

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Nazo, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Nazo

Nazo Ensign

Build: v1.7.3 3649
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single player (haven't played multiplayer, so can't confirm or deny if it's the same)

Reproducibility: Every time
    Severity: Severely impacts combat for me at least.

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Type: Sound and other feedback (Global I guess?)

Summary: On foot combat feedback is wrong. Sound is reversed, hit effects are incorrect, etc.

Description: It's hard for me to pin down exactly everything that has been confusing to me, but one I know for certain is the actual shot sounds seem to come from the opposite direction. For example, if a turret is on my right I seem to hear it more from my left speaker than my right. Of course the actual connectors are not wired wrong nor is the sound inverted in any system settings and other games sound normal in regards to panning.

Another issue is other combat feedback seems to be wrong. It has been hard for me to pin down exactly what has confused me, but one thing I noticed is that the actual hit effects with the shake and etc don't actually align with when you're shot. I believe basically you're hit instantly the moment the entity actually "presses the trigger" so to speak, before the actual shot takes place or reaches you (which could make sense if you were far away and they were supersonic bullets, but these aren't and it applies even up close) so there's a very slight delay between when the screen shakes and when you actually hear a shot. It's not a very long time difference, but just enough to confuse a bit -- at least as someone who has played a lot of FPS games in the past. (I'm no Valorant player, but I definitely have learned over the years to utilize auditory and visual cues for increased effectiveness.)

I think this is probably most noticeable with the internal turrets in POIs. I think maybe there might be more to it than just these things, but these are the big things I've most been able to pin down.

I'm a little surprised I couldn't find anyone else mentioning this (unless somehow I'm just searching wrong.)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Get shot while on foot

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hello,
    Are you able to provide specific examples ?
    Such as leaving your character in a location where this happens & providing a copy of the save game

How to attach a save game to a report:
    Go to:
    For SP or Co-op:
    Right click on "Empyrion" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

For MP:
    Right click on "Empyrion - Dedicated Server" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    3. If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it
    4. If you are sending us the info via an email please add a share link to the file or files you have uploaded

Germanicus likes this.