Orbital Auto Miner (OAM) activated on Official Server

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Dec 18, 2017.

1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hey Galactic Survivalists,

after some complains because of the recent full wipe of the official servers and the current "not so optimal" way of the ingame Auto Miners (they deplete the deposits but we can't reset them without a surface wipe which will wipe also your Auto Miners..), I decided to activate the OAM feature from our EAH tool for all three official servers.

The benefits of them are:

* they mine 24/7 "virtually" if you fuel them
    * they store your mined Ores even throughout a server wipe
    * they are not immersion breaking after a 1+ year test phase on HWS. Especially with our decision to use Auto Miner Cores for them to fuel
    * it is fully optional if you want to use them or not
    * they help you especially in lategame or in "stuck" situation

So the details are:

Ingame chat commands:

am:?
    Provides you with useful information regarding the Auto Miner.
    am:info Displays your current fuel level and shows how to view your current miner levels and resources
    am:buy:IR Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Iron Ore
    am:buy:COP Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Copper Ore
    am:buy:COB Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Cobalt Ore
    am:buy:MA Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Magnesium Ore
    am:buy: PR Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Promethium Ore
    am:buy:NEO Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Neodymium Ore
    am:buy:SI Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Silicion Ore
    am:buy:SA Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Sathium Ore
    am:buy:ERE Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Erestrum Ore
    am:buy:ZAS Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Zascosium Ore
    am:buy:BC Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Blue Crystal
    am:buy:GO Buy or Upgrade an Auto Miner Gold Ore
    am:sell:ORE Allows you to sell or downgrade a specific Auto Miner where ORE stands for the one you have.
    am:get:ORE*AMOUNT or am:get:ORE*Amount#ORE*Amount#... Allows you to get a specific amount of one of your mined resources or even more individually.
    am:get:all Allows you to recover all mined resources at once. (Make sure you have inventory space).
    am:fuel:Resource/All:Amount/All Allows you to fuel all mined resources at once or fuels up your Auto Miner with an amount of fuel from your inventory for specific resources if you want.

Example 1: am:fuel:iron:all -> fuels up only your iron auto miner with all Auto Miner Cores your have in your inventory

Example 2: am:fuel:iron:7 -> fuel up only your iron auto miner with 7 Auto Miner Cores from your inventory (if you have them)

Example 3: am:fuel:all:7 -> fuels up all of your resources in your auto miner with 7 Auto Miner Cores from your inventory (if you have them)

Example 4: am:fuel:all:all -> fuels up all of your resources in your auto miner with all Auto Miner Cores from your inventory (if you have them). It will split equally along all of your resources. So if you have 10 resource auto miners and 20 Auto Miner Cores in your inventory each resource would get 2 Auto Miner Cores.

Attention: if you have 10 resource auto mineres and 21 Auto Miner Cores then 2 would go in each resource type but the last am core would go to the resource type you bought first.

Auto Miner Production
    That list shows you how much you gain per AM Level.
    Rare resources give less than common resources.
    Common resources: Iron, Silicon, Copper, Cobalt, Sathium, Promethium
    Rare resources: Gold, Pentaxid, Erestrum, Zascosium, Neodymium, Magnesium

• Upgrade level 1 - 5 (1 rare resources) / hour; Price = Free
    • Upgrade level 2 - 10 (2 rare resources) / hour; Price = 40k CR
    • Upgrade level 3 - 15 (3 rare resources) / hour; Price = 60k CR
    • Upgrade level 4 - 20 (3 rare resources) / hour; Price = 80k CR
    • Upgrade level 5 - 30 (5 rare resources) / hour; Price = 100k CR
    • Upgrade level 6 - 35 (6 rare resources) / hour; Price = 120k CR
    • Upgrade level 7 - 40 (7 rare resources) / hour; Price = 140k CR
    • Upgrade level 8 - 50 (8 rare resources) / hour; Price = 160k CR
    • Upgrade level 9 - 100 (17 rare resources) / hour; Price = 180k CR
    • Upgrade level 10 - 150 (25 rare resources) / hour; Price = 200k CR
    Auto Miner Cargo
    The follow list shows you how much max Ore the Auto Miner can store per level:

• Upgrade level 1 - 300 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 2 - 600 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 3 - 750 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 4 - 1200 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 5 - 1650 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 6 - 1950 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 7 - 2400 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 8 - 3000 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 9 - 6000 Max Ores
    • Upgrade level 10 - 9000 Max Ores
    If you do not have enough Auto Miner Cores to run all of your miners, or run out of space in your AM, your AM will no longer produce ore.

Auto Miner Fuel
    • 1 x AM Core [​IMG] per OAM per 3 days, flat. (No level graduation)
    Example:

• you have 3 level 5 OAMS and one level 10 OAM. >> it will cost you 4 AM Cores every 3 days to keep them running.
    • you have 7 level 10 OAMs >> it will cost you 7 AM Cores every 3 days to keep them running.
    Look for AM Cores in POI’s, Instances and Missions soon.

---

Hope it enhances your gameplay!

RexXxuS

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2022
    Atola, Humay, Mortlath and 1 other person like this.
  2. [DDZS]Clymidia

[DDZS]Clymidia Ensign

Sorry but I hate this decision. It's not about whether its immersion breaking or not, it's about the value of resources. By making resources even more freely available you remove the need for people to explore and any challenge. When resources get depleted we already get meteorites. There is no problem that this fixes. We probably lost more in the wipe than anyone else, we don't care. MP is already pretty much creative mode as it is.

Gainesterism, Narpason and paxxo1985 like this.
  3. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thanks for the feedback but I wouldn't say that Auto Miner cores are "free" or not require you to leave the starter planets to go for exploration and challenge.

Mortlath likes this.
  4. [DDZS]Clymidia

[DDZS]Clymidia Ensign

We have about 70 autominer cores currently from raiding POIs. We are sat on a load of gold. Wait and see how this affects the balance of the server :)

5. [DDZS]Clymidia

[DDZS]Clymidia Ensign

make that 80

6. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

[Ghetto]Two Shoe$ Commander

Rex. While I do not agree with the persons projection of the problem, I do agree wholeheartedly that the Official server should remain "Vanilla".

However, because a "fresh start" does not give the player the 400 bars of all common resources , I believe that the OEM systemshave a place in empyrion, but should cap at 500 units of ore per AM as an absolute maximum. With the modification added that the player can bank this set of resources away for a "recovery".

It is my firm belief that 3000 , much less 9000 units of ore storage and production is vastly overpowered for its use to be viable on Official.

500 units of ore of every given resource is truely more than enough to conduct any type of recovery, but when you get right down to it, a recovery right now requires storage more than it does resources from an OEM.

It would be vastly more helpful for a player to pay some universal service provider "insurance" akin to EVE online, when a player loses their ship, to have access to an OCD in vanilla , than an OEM..

The truest and purest reasons being are that your "carebears" will have little to no incentive to venture away from their home system of PVE security.....and since everyone knows how to farm POI's now, it wont be half as difficult to acquire the gold and cores to run their autominers enlessly and then leave because of static boredom.

Once a player that is a noncombatant has every resource unlimitedly, boredom sets in and the server population drops off, because once folks have finished building their "Sand Castle" from the Carebear side of theings, they tend to log out for very long periods.

Im really honestly more in favor of an OCD that can hold 500 of every ore in bars, and some gear and ammo, (like if there were a way to click a button and suddenly have a true "fresh start" as if first landing on the server.) ...... for a nominal fee ofcourse... say 200000 credits.

7. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

As a player I also agree main servers need to be as vanilla as possible as well when it comes to things like this. As a server admin I also understand the need for stuff like this and such but then again the official servers are not suppose to be the most powerful or grabbing the entire universe. They should be more of the vanilla experience of the game.

8. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

Makes for a better testbed, doing so.

Dietrich likes this.
  9. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thanks for your feedback guys.
    I thought the same about the Vanilla aspect of the game in combination with the official servers. The point for the change were just two things
    1. A lot of players requested a kind of "storage" throughout a wipe which can be achieved by the OAM.
    2. The current Auto Miner Depletion method is not finished yet and while giving people still a reason to raid POIs for Auto Miner Cores for fueling them it gives some Ores in return
    It is also absolutely voluntary to do. Some like them, some not. Giving both a reason to enjoy the game as they want is fair I think. At least I got a lot of positive feedback from people who are using them. To learn all the commands and how it works will keep it for the most players vanilla anyways.
    So while I see a lot of general feedback here about "it's bad for players", I disagree and I rather think you are speaking about a competition / comparison problem?

However I checked the current situation:

On official EU it got used by a lot of players and the feedback was the biggest from there.
    On official US it got used also but by about two handful people.
    On the official public server, which is really vanilla it got used by nobody which leads me to turn it off there completely. I agree to keep it there really vanilla.

Thanks again for your feedback! Maybe some more players can participate here and in the end we can make a poll, so the community can decide.
    I just want the best for everyone - as good as possible (can't please everybody though).

Happy New Year!
    RexXxuS

Dietrich likes this.
  10. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

Maybe the thing that can balance the orbital auto miner is to make only pvp poi dropping autominers core. (like the admin cored ones)
    They require time, it has risk to have free stuff and cannot be destroyed.
    ATM people on pve zones are doing pois just shooting at the core without entering in it and harvest free stuff. On valea i have seen also a poi with a hole on underground level so they can do a "hard" poi in 2 seconds just shutting down the core

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  11. Humay

Humay Ensign

the hole here is to trip back
    its impossible to shoot down walls at current explosives level it will be unpractical we never done that anyway
    i vote for make Pandora not colonizable at all ... its looks like exploit a lot of free resources. Of course that faction that monopolized it didn't want others to have rare ores!
    because this server is ruled by one group of people that and and nobody cant do anything against them.
    i vote for OAM be as is and dont listen to minority of players like [PFS] faction that wants only PVP others on "their" planet and control all zascosium or erestrum. there should be other planets that have erestrum not only pandora

12. Humay

Humay Ensign

PS Paxxo1985 insisting on PVP POI... this game not only PVP it has PVE aspect dont ruin with forced PVP others game

SilentSmilodon (NFF) likes this.
  13. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

Sounds to me like the resources in question are contested. I don't think it is fair when firstly, Erestrum is available on multiple worlds, that we activate OAM just to placate someone who is likely not familiar with the map yet (a) and unwilling to compete for a contested deposit/planet.

Please take this into consideration before doing so.

paxxo1985 likes this.
  14. Humay

Humay Ensign

OAM active on HWS long time ago and its feature and why not? Why this server should be different? i have no problem getting erestrum but others can. And looks like it replace depleting autominers and wipe safe mechanism? Im already had 4 or 5 wipes. Before autominer could mine 10 stack of iron in couple of days but only few been able to place it before deposit depleted, first placers could mine forever but others cannot - thats imbalance. Everybody on Pandora get shoot by PFS or their defenses. And only them active in this thread because they see their domination will be put down because of OAM and availability of rare ores to general players. The new ones that they PVP and so proud of that. I also heard they put tax on collecting resources here.

PS: I see u mean Nex but well 90C temperature -14 gravity , hostile world compared to Alpha centauri system which is much like other green planets. So u want people to just make repair station or drill should jump to endgame content because 4 people holding entire pandora system?
    Take this in consideration about state of pandora too.

15. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

Pandora the last season was colonized by NTP faction. We leveled up and from being pve players we became pvp players and taken them out of the system. That is the fun part of the game.
    We have the 0.00001% of pandora you can mine safely in 99,99999% of the system. Rare resources are already dropping in multiple planets and systems.
    Don't want to pvp? well you can do pve stuff in your pve planets and you can acquire the same resources from raiding pois.
    A friend of a friend of my cousin told me PFS take taxes.
    We dont collect taxes, we take the entire cargo.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  16. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

What? You mean actually getting into an HV and mining Iron is too big of a pain compared to sitting on your butt waiting for your auto-miner
    to pull it in for you?

There are 3 systems (not planets SYSTEMS) with Erestrum.
    Not only is your argument invalid, it is starting to look like you are either lying on purpose to get attention to your needs or you are unwilling to fly to two alternate systems to get your Erestrum.

So which is it going to be? Because you cant have it both ways in this discussion.

17. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

OAM Ruins PVP

18. Humay

Humay Ensign

again only reply from "Pirates"
    again i dont care i had 5k erestrum mined on pandora and nobody noticed . even if i got killed i can spawn 10 ships like mine and you will get tired to kill me and its without OAM or autominers stuff becase my CV ship cost like half decent SV and it can carry HV as well. I simply dont understand why you dont want others have fun or you maybe afraid real PVP? with strong people with good ships... You just want your monopoly forever ...

Ofc you dont want other people kill your precious nest but it will be somebody will eradicate you as well three just need some willingness to make people fight you. Regarding resources its easy to get only grind is real pain after each wipe. Imagine World of Warcraft starting from level 1 after each patch . Again only you will benefit from autominers becase as u said you will destroy others people miners (you said can be destroyed and you destroyed mine) and all people will suffer in crowded planets and u swim in erestrum /iron meteorites/deposits.
    Your point completely understandable and only fun for your faction and nobody else.

19. Humay

Humay Ensign

Nex Pandora Alien planet i know that.
    Only planet is good for mining is Pandora Moon/Research planet so what are your point?
    btw are you playing on US or EU and if EU what your ingame name XD

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  20. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

The point is that "Pandora" is not the ONLY planet to provide Erestrum. That you're complaint of an imbalance is patently false. And that you can get off your behind and fly a CV with an HV attached capable of mining any planet without too much effort.

LemonSonda likes this.