Orphaned blueprints

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siege Inc., Aug 29, 2017.

1. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Some shady dealer will always find a way around any security measures, all I want is for the systems that Eleon puts in place work in the way they are intended to. In a game that may rise or fall on the strength of it's community content I don't think that's too much to ask.

Siege Inc. and JDaremo Fireheart like this.
  2. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Lieutenant

Sadly, yes.
    I also wish they'd implement a requirement for more than just the original Alt+O image in workshop submissions, as well as requiring some kind of description.

oojimaflip likes this.
  3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

I've tried a number of methods to fix it but I'm not having any luck so far. Heck even taking a custom screenshot and trying to insert that into the folder broke one. I've got a couple that need updates and a new one ready to go that I haven't uploaded because it's just going to break the moment I do. It's put a real damper on my desire to play lately.

4. vicomt

vicomt Captain

I did that with a custom screenshot with Vasara, but Ooj didn't with some of his, and I'm pretty sure I didn't with some of mine.

5. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

I was quietly worried about uploading anything new, to find out that something that got uploaded ~48hrs ago is broken is... well. 'nuff said.

6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

I've no idea why trying to edit the screenshot broke it. Honestly it surprised me. I'm not sure what broke the others. Some were blueprints that had been on the workshop for awhile and I hadn't touched recently. The last two I published are broken which is why I haven't published anything else. I managed to sort of fix one by fiddling with the name but couldn't fix the others by doing the same. Some of the ones that broke have an alternate version on the workshop. Similar names. They broke in pairs.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  7. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Are the devs even looking into this, cause it seems like they haven't got a clue.
    Can we get some sort of update, please @Hummel-o-War @EleonGameStudios

pretty please, with sugar on top.

edit: I just want to know if it's being looked at, is there a fix in the pipeline for 7.0, when can I start uploading to the workshop again without fear of losing control of my blueprints?

2nd edit: further investigation leads me to believe I can't upload any blueprints to the workshop without this bug surfacing, I am, for all intents and purposes, locked out of the workshop.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    rainyday likes this.
  8. vicomt

vicomt Captain

I just replicated it as well, brand new game, new starter block ship, upload and bang, can't update.

Can anyone else either confirm or deny that this is happening to them, and can we please try and get some more eyes on this?

This just gets weirder - I completely reinstalled both the dedi and client on a different drive in a separate steam library

this problem persists in both dedi and single player. :(:(:(

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    oojimaflip likes this.