Known Issue out of order pda goal order behavior inconsistent

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by imlarry425, Apr 23, 2020.

1. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Version: alpha 12.0 exp, 2877
    Mode: Survival, Singleplayer
    Server Name: local
    Seed-Id: 104412
    Reproducibility: always
    Severity: trivial
    Type: robinson protocol, hoverbike repair / base build
    Summary: out of order pda goal order behavior inconsistent
    Steps to Reproduce: start fuel for hoverbike repair before placing fuel tank works, placing container before being asked to not recognized

It seems that PDA goals are tested at triggering actions vs. as a state that the player may have already satisfied. In picture below I was heading back to my camp to get fuel I had started brewing and (guessing) the constructor completed the second jerr..er-ah Wehrmacht-Einheitskanister.. (a top 100 of 20th century practical design contender imo) but when I built a base storage container so I could use logistics to place the solar capacitor the goal to build a container appeared. Even though I had already built and placed one I needed to make another to satisfy the goal.

Many pda goal bugs and "I need to check it myself- I know I did this" sorts of problems could be addressed by testing all active PDA dependency states/tests whenever the action loop says to check the current one or new goals are introduced. If not bug, feature request.

Exp12_2020-04-22_19-03-52.jpg

teammate likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Currently it cannot be tracked what you did BEFORE an action. Hope this will be added in the future.

imlarry425 likes this.