Filed / Tracking Palette corruption bug. [00490]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Kithid, Apr 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Kithid

Kithid Ensign

Build: A12.4+ (continuing ever since)
    Mode: Creative, Survival, Multiplayer
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 0 (it say playfield seed "zero" (0) loaded.

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor/Major

Type: Colouring & Texturing

Summary: Colour Palette Corruption for copy/paste.

Description: The issue I am having is, as soon as I select the entire palette (under configure) it corrupts the entire palette and inserts a very saturated and heavy on the reds set instead. This only happens when I select more than 2 colours at the same time. I can copy and paste 1 colour at a time without issues, but that is a tedious task when having several different custom colour setups for various ships.

It doesn't let me paste a palette from a file either, it retains the corrupted one instead even though you can see that the pasting action has been taken. It's also worth noting that I have done a completely clean installation as well and the bug still persisted.

Steps to Reproduce: unknown how to reproduce as it seems to only occur for me.

everything_selected.jpg

PS! I don't know if there is a folder where I could add Preset palettes as a file? I thought there might be since you have two presets available already.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Escarli likes this.
  2. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Which paint tool is this with? I recall seeing this on your stream but could never reproduce it locally.

3. Kithid

Kithid Ensign

The Texture and Paint tool.

Edit: I just tested with the old Colour tool as well, still have the same issue. I can't even paste from a file either as I still have to select the palette to replace.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. Kithid

Kithid Ensign

Okay, I was kindly shown a workaround that works. It's by "theScriptHD" and you can watch it here:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Garaman and ravien_ff like this.
  5. Khaleg

Khaleg Commander

Hello,

I have observed that this, probably, is tied to the localization configuration for numbers on your computer. What happens if, prior to copy the palette, you change the HSV sliders to the middle of the range? (0,5 in your case I suppose).

To confirm this we should to know which these sliders show for different Operating System languages. I think that on English based Windows the sliders stay at the middle, for other languages with a different decimal point from the English, the sliders go all away to the right.

Anyone is able to confirm this?