Fixed Parallax Texture Issue with Certain Blocks [8003]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Garaman, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 3203
    Mode: Creative
    Mode: Single Player

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Textures

Summary: Specific blocks, mostly ones that have a single 1/8 block edge, exhibit strange distortions when viewed at steep angles if Parallax Occlusion Mapping is set to high (Geforce RTX 2080, current drivers)

Description:
    There are certain blocks that exhibit texture distortion (compression, twisting, letters appearing, etc) when viewed at steep angles. It only occurs when Parallax Occlusion Mapping is set to high on my system. I have attached an example with all of the blocks that exhibit this behavior that I have seen, but it is likely not a complete list.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Start a creative scenario. Load the attached CV. View the top row of blocks at a steep angle from the underside. Each will exhibit the noted distortion behavior.

Blocks I've noticed this on are as follows: Ramp B, Cut Corner D, Corner Half A2, Corner B, Ramp Connector 2 (Left/Right), Corner Double A2, Corner Half C, Corner Double B3, Notched B

Examples of the distortion:
    upload_2020-12-20_23-42-36.png

Blocks I've found that show this distortion:
    upload_2020-12-20_23-42-51.png

On my ship this creates some very jarring distortions as you walk past it:
    upload_2020-12-20_23-53-7.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Stan2112 and ravien_ff like this.
  2. Stan2112

Stan2112 Lieutenant

I see the same behavior, Parallax Occlusion Mapping also set to High. I don't believe it is limited to SP vs MP or Survival vs Creative.