Filed / Tracking Parked capital vessel spins when parked outside home base. [00460]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Salient, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Salient

Salient Ensign

Build: V 1.7.1.1 3639
    MODE: Survival
    MODE: Single player

PLAYFIELD: ‘Manmet’ (TemperateStarter))
    TYPE: TemperateStarter Planet
    SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 420952 (global) 273516 (playfield)
    SCENARIO: “Default Random”

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Function bug.

Summary: Capital vessel may start spinning when parked on the ground, even when power is shut off.

Description: A capital vessel parked close to a home base may spin out of control, even when power is switched off.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Park the capital vessel on the ground close to the home base. The home base in my saved game has a basement that may extend below the area where the capital vessel is parked. The CV in this scenario is the Nomad-ST by jrandall.
    2) Make sure the power in the capital vessel is switched off.
    3) Park at least one hover craft or small vessel inside the hangar bay and switch off the power of the SV/HV.
    4) Exit the SV/HV cockpit. Enter it again. The CV will now start to spin. It might spin in three dimensions and raise up into the air.
    5) If the CV is parked further away from the base, this will not happen.

Saved game
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17PzqEzZyRh_Zq7R0v0Sl79lKMEZPMVwn/view?usp=sharing

Checklist - performed steps before posting
    =============================
    Verified Local Data – no errors
    No modding, however I am using a community capital vessel: Nomad-ST from jrandall
    Empyrion AppID: 382120, Buildversion-ID: 7933394. V 1.7.1.1 3639
    Deleted the Game Cache
    Checked known and already reported issues.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    -AKEVA-BANSHEE- likes this.
  2. Zed283

Zed283 Lieutenant

I have had similar issues but the CV does not have to be parked near a base. It can happen while stopped in space or parked on a planet surface. Entering the cockpit of a docked SV will cause the CV to autorotate and tumble. Undocking the SV will stop the motion. It also triggers when docking a SV to a stopped CV. In that case leaving the cockpit of the SV will not stop the motion of the CV. Undocking the SV will stop the motion. Occurrence is sporadic and not always reproducible. It has happened with both CVs I've built with this release. During the last instance the CV was left standing on it's side as I flew off in the SV. When I returned 15 minutes later the CV was still on it's side but as I approached it fell back on it's landing legs. The SV docked normally with no rotation issues. These issues have been on a multiplayer server not in single player. It's a very annoying bug.