Fixed Passenger controlled turrets will boot player out while Pilot moves HV. [6518]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Aclaren, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Aclaren

Aclaren Ensign

Mode: Creative
    Mode: Peer2Peer Coop

SERVER NAME: **my own co - op server
    SEED-ID: creative mode

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Dont Know

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Turret control

Summary: Passenger controlled turrets will boot player out while Pilot moves HV. Only happens when pilot controls/moves the HV, while resting idle it is a non-issue.

Description: In local co-op game (Creative Mode [havent tried in survival]) , I built an HV that has several (2-minigun and 1 artillary) turrets. While my friend flies the HV around , you may only control the turret for 1-2 seconds before you are booted out back to your passenger seat.

Steps to Reproduce:In Creative get into an HV that has a pilot and passenger seat. Have a pilot fly the HV around, while in passenger seat press P, access the turret and try to man the turret while pilot is flying around, sometimes it can go for like 7-8 seconds without booting you, but i find it more around 2-3 seconds.

2. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Can confirm this also happens in survival. Occurred for me using a artillery turret

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you notice that you were dropped out of turret control as SOON as the turret would have aquired a target itself (via its AI). Does the turret shoot at the target then?

4. Aclaren

Aclaren Ensign

I was in creative mode, and thought that might be the issue, but I couldnt find anything that would "aggro" the turret AI to boot me out. I also turned all targeting parameters off so that it shouldnt have fired at anything. -Hope this information helps